Transferring contacts from iPhone to Android is no longer a difficult task. Contacts can be easily moved from iPhone to Android by creating a Variant Call Format (VCF) file. This is possible with the help of the web version of iCloud on PC. Since you don't have a computer at hand, we will explain other methods to transfer contacts to Android from an iPhone without a PC in this post.
The problem with the iPhone is that it doesn't allow you to create VCF files for all your phone contacts. You can create a VCF card for individual contacts but not for all. Transferring all contacts individually is tedious.
So you will need third party apps to create a VCF file on the iPhone itself. But there is also another simple method which will help you to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android without computer.
1. Use Google Drive to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android
The Google Drive iOS app comes with a unique ability to back up your iPhone data to your Google account. You can backup your photos, calendar and contacts.
When you enable the Google Drive backup feature, your Apple contacts will be saved in your Google account. You simply need to add the same Google account on your Android phone and enable the sync function.
The contacts will automatically appear on your Android phone. You can also view them on contacts.google.com.
NOTE: Google Drive backs up Apple contacts and merges it with Google Contacts.
Here are the steps in detail:
- Install the Google Drive app on your iPhone. Download Google Drive
- Launch the Google Drive app and open the left sidebar. Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup.
- Tap Contacts. On the next screen, enable the switch next to Back up to Google contacts.
- Go back and tap Calendar Events and Photos & Videos. Disable the switches within these settings. Tap Start Backup. Wait for the backup to complete.
- On your Android phone, go to Settings> Accounts. Tap on Add account and add the same Google account in which you created a backup of your contacts.
- Typically, your contacts sync automatically and show up on your Android phone. If not, tap your Google account in Settings> Accounts on your Android phone. Tap on Sync Account.
- Enable the switch next to Contacts. That's all. Open the Contacts app and you will see your Apple contacts in a while.
Final report: this is a one-time process to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android. The above method will not keep your Apple contacts in sync on Android. For this, you will need to add a Google account in iPhone Settings> Contacts> Accounts. Then enable Contacts in the Gmail account.
2. Use third party apps to bulk move contacts from iPhone to Android without PC
If the above method doesn't work or you are having trouble, you need to use one of the three apps below to transfer contacts.
1. My Contacts Backup
This app creates a VCF file of the contacts stored on your phone and allows you to email it to yourself. Then download the file to your Android phone and import it into your contacts.
Here are the steps to move contacts from iPhone to Android using the My Contacts Backup app:
- Installa l’app My Contact Backup dall’App Store sul tuo iPhone. Scarica My Contacts Backup
- Open the app and you will be asked to grant permission to your contacts. Tap Ok.
- Tap the Backup button on the screen that opens.
- Tap Email and enter the address you want to email the file to. That is, enter the email you are using on your Android phone and send the email. The VCF file will be automatically attached to the email.
- Open the email on your Android phone and tap the download button to download it to your phone. The file will be saved on your phone.
Import contacts from VCF file to Android phone
Open the Contacts app on your Android phone. The steps may vary for different Contacts apps. Let's take the example of Google's Contacts app. In the Google Contacts app, tap the three-bar icon at the top. Select Settings.
Scroll down and tap Import. Select the VCF file. You will be asked to open the VCF file you want to import contacts from. Go to the file you downloaded. IPhone contacts will be imported to your Android phone.
Suggestion: for Samsung phones, open the Contacts app and tap the three-bar icon. Select Manage contacts followed by Import or Export contacts. Choose Import and select the VCF file that was sent from the iPhone.
2. Sharing and exporting contact backups
Unlike the app above, this app allows you to choose how to send the VCF file to your Android phone. You can email it, upload it to Google Drive, Dropbox, send via chat app, or use file sharing app. So the steps to import it to Android phone are the same as above.
Follow these steps to transfer contacts to Android from iPhone without using a computer.
- Download the app from the App Store. Export & Backup Contact
- Open the app and grant the app permission to access your contacts when prompted.
- You will be shown the list of your contacts. You can manually select the contacts to export or tap the select all checkbox at the top.
- Tap the Export button at the bottom and choose Share locally.
- Next, you will be asked how you want to send the file. Now the choice is yours. You can send the file as an email or use any instant messaging app like WhatsApp, which supports file sharing. You can even save the VCF file to your iPhone in the Files app so you can send it to your Android phone later.
- Download the received VCF file to your Android phone and repeat the steps mentioned in the Import contacts from VCF file section above. That is, open the Contacts app. Look for the Import option and select the VCF file you sent from your iPhone.
3. SA Contacts Lite
While this app uses the same principle - exporting the VCF file from iOS and importing it to Android - it provides an interesting way to do this. In addition to using apps like email and cloud services to transfer the VCF file, it allows you to transfer files over your local Wi-Fi network. So, if your Android and iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, you just need to enter the address provided on your iPhone on your Android phone. You will be able to download the file to your Android phone.
Here are the steps:
- Download the SA Contacts Lite app on your iPhone. Download SA Contacts Lite
- Open the app and select VCF in Property Style. Tap Start.
- On the Export Contacts screen, select how you want to send the file to an Android phone. Use the Wi-Fi option to view the web address that must be opened on an Android phone to download the file.
- Open the browser on the Android phone and type the address as shown in the iPhone screenshot in step 3. Then, tap the VCF file to download it. Once downloaded, you need to import the file into your contacts. For that, follow the steps mentioned above in Import VCF File to Android.
Was it easy to transfer contacts without a PC?
The above apps are useful when you want to transfer contacts in bulk. In case you only want to send a few contacts, you can share them via email or any messaging app. For this, open the contact and tap the Share button. Then choose the app or media you want to use to send the contact on Android.
- How to transfer contacts from one Android phone to another Android
- How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone
- Top 4 Ways to Transfer Samsung Account Contacts to iPhone
- 2 best ways to sync contacts from iPhone to iPhone
- How to use iCloud on Android