This article explains how to connect a Bluetooth speaker to your Android or iOS phone. Some buttons and menu options on Android may vary slightly.
How to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers
How to connect iPhone to Bluetooth speaker
The process of pairing a Bluetooth speaker with iPhone only needs to be done once. Once a Bluetooth speaker has been successfully paired with an iPhone, it should automatically connect each time it is turned on.
- Place the Bluetooth device in pairing mode.
- On iPhone, open the app Settings.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Make sure the Bluetooth functionality is turned on. If the switch Bluetooth is green, Bluetooth is enabled, and nothing needs to be changed. If not, select the switch to turn on Bluetooth.
- Scroll down to Other devices and look for the Bluetooth speaker in the list. Be patient, as it may take some time to display. Make sure the Bluetooth speaker is in pairing mode during this time.
- When the speaker appears, select the name of the device to connect. Pairing of the two devices takes a few seconds. When finished, the status updates to Connected on the screen.
How to connect a Bluetooth speaker to a computer
How to connect Bluetooth speaker to Android phone
As with an iPhone, the process of connecting a Bluetooth speaker to an Android device only needs to be done once. Once a Bluetooth speaker has been successfully paired with your device, it should automatically connect each time it is turned on.
- Open the app Settings.
- pass to Connected devices and turn on the switch Bluetooth, if it is not enabled.
- Select Bluetooth to view options.
- Select Pair new device to put the Bluetooth device into pairing mode.
- Look for the name of the Bluetooth speaker in the list. Be patient as it may take some time to display. Make sure the Bluetooth speaker is in pairing mode during this time.
- Select the name of the speaker to connect to it. Pairing the devices takes a few seconds. When finished, the screen shows that the speaker is connected.
How to use your smartphone as a PC speaker
How to connect 2 Bluetooth speakers at the same time
Some Bluetooth speakers can be paired with a single phone to achieve stereo sound or to increase the volume. If you have a pair of speakers that can connect at the same time, read this article to learn how to connect two or more Bluetooth speakers to your phone.
For example, Logitech's popular Ultimate Ears speaker brand can be paired by downloading one of the company's available apps. Check with the manufacturer to see if this feature can be used with your speakers.
How to pair a Bluetooth device
Before pairing anything, place the Bluetooth speaker in pairing mode so that it is detected by your phone for initial setup.
As each speaker enters pairing mode with a different method, these two tips should help you figure out how to get your speaker to pair quickly. If the tips below don't apply to your device, consult the speaker manufacturer's user guide for further instructions.
- Press and hold the power button: Many Bluetooth speakers go into pairing mode by turning off the speaker, then turning on the device while press and hold the button power on. When the speaker is in pairing mode, it usually emits a sound or its indicator light flashes rapidly.
- Press and hold the pairing button: Some Bluetooth speakers have a dedicated button that puts the device into pairing mode. Find a button on your device with the Bluetooth symbol next to it, then press and hold it until the speaker makes a sound or its light flashes quickly.
How to connect Bluetooth speakers and headphones to Android
What to know before connecting a Bluetooth speaker to your Android or iOS phone
- Put your Bluetooth device into pairing mode by pressing and holding the button power on or the button coupling.
- iPhone: come on Settings > Bluetooth > Other devices. Tap the device to connect.
- Android: Go on Settings > Connected devices > Bluetooth. Select Pair new device, then tap the name of the speaker.
Which Alexa speaker to buy? Comparison, price and opinions
- How to connect a Bluetooth speaker to a computer
- The best Bluetooth speakers for your car
- How to connect Google Home to Bluetooth speakers
- How to pair Bluetooth headphones to your Apple Watch
- How to increase the volume of a Bluetooth speaker