There are certainly many applications on the market for creating photo collages, and of course I haven't tried them all to be able to say that PhotoScape is the best. But yes, I can give you three reasons why I recommend giving PhotoScape a try, and as I said, if you don't like it, keep using the general or specific purpose tool that you have already used for this task.
These three reasons are as follows:
- It is an application completely participation
- It's a lot simple, as we will see below
- Ha more models between which you can choose
First Steps PhotoScape
If I have managed to convince you to try it, the first thing you should do is follow these simple steps to install and launch the tool.
- Download it hence PhotoScape free download. Go to the “PhotoScape free download” option. The tool, as you can see, is compatible with Windows NT / 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 (if you have Windows 98, you will need to install an older version).
- Once downloaded, the installation begins.
- Open the application and you will see a screen with the different features offered by the tool.
- Select the "Page" option and you will enter the option to generate a photo collage.
Through these steps, you will be able to start generating your composition. Did you get this far? Well, in the next section we will look at the possibilities offered by the tool.
It may interest you: PhotoStage Slideshow: the best application for your presentations
PhotoScape tutorial - Creating our first collage
When we access the “Page” option, which is what allows us to make photo collages, we can see an interface divided into three sections.
- A left there is the file system, where we will have to access the images we want to include in the collage.
- La middle section where is the preview of the result we are obtaining.
- And finally, the right side where we will see how the distribution of images is defined, its size, margin, etc.
Once we have shown the layout of the interface, it is time to indicate the steps that should be followed to achieve what we are looking for.
1. Select the image size that we want to obtain, for this we will have to click on the button to the right of the “Size” label.
2. Choice of distribution model. As you can see, there is a large group of possibilities, choose the one you like best (considering the number of photographs you want to include).
3. Traverse the left area of the interface to the directory or directories they are in the images you want to include. Select and drag each of the images to the area where you want them to appear. As you can see in the screenshot above, you can resize and move each of the images to fit the result you are looking for.
4. Once you have the foundation, the next step will be to put the finishing touches on, through a series of final adjustments. These are:
- Definition of the margin between photography and photography
- Definition of the degree of "roundness" of the corners of each photo
- Background color selection
- Possibility to frame photos with special frames
5. The last step, and undoubtedly the simplest, is, once satisfied with the result achieved, save the generated image using the "Save" button.
You can choose between a large number of formats: jpeg, png, gif, bmp and tif. And, in case you do it with a compressed format, like jpeg, you can define the desired compression range.
Go ahead try PhotoScape for free
As you can see, it's free, simple, and you can get frankly interesting results. What else do you need to try it out? Courage! Try it! and tell us your experience. Or if you prefer, tell us which program you use for this type of activity and, incidentally, some tips or tricks when you use it.
- How to put multiple photos in an Instagram story
- How to make a photo collage with Snapseed
- How to make a photo collage on Android
- How to create a photo collage using Google Drawings
- How to make a collage on Instagram? Very easy