Find out how to download your personal data on all major online platforms, including Google, Apple, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.
How to download your personal data on Google
- Go to and log into your Google account.
- You should see a list of all Google products and services. If you do not want to download data from a particular source, deselect its checkbox.
- For some products, you can specify the category of data you want to download. If you see an “All (product) data included” button, click. You can choose the data you want to include or exclude from the download.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click "Next step".
- You can specify where to download them, choose from a download link sent to your email address. Alternatively, you can add the data to your Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, or Box account.
- You can choose whether this is a one-time data export or a recurring export. If you select recurring, Google will export your data every two months for one year.
- Select whether you want to receive the data in .zip or .tgz format.
- Finally, choose a maximum archive size. If your data exceeds this threshold, Google will divide it into multiple archives.
- Click "Create Export" to export your data from Google.
Once the export is complete, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access your data.
How to download your personal data to Apple
You can request a copy of all data associated with your Apple ID.
- Go to the Apple page. Enter your Apple ID and password. If prompted, complete the authentication process, which typically involves entering a verification code.
- Select Request a copy of your data.
- Select all the categories you want to include in the download and click Continue.
- You have the option to select a maximum file size. The options range from 1GB to 25GB.
- Click on Complete request. Apple will prepare your data. When the file is ready for download, Apple will send an email to the address associated with your Apple ID.
How to download your personal data on Facebook
Facebook data includes all the invitations you've received, your entire comment history, and your private messages, complete with copies of all the videos and photos you've exchanged via Facebook Messenger.
Go to Facebook from your web browser and log into your account.
In the top right corner, select the arrow pointing down.
Select Settings and privacy -> Settings.
On the left, select Download your information and select the relevant link Immagine.
You can specify a date range for the information you want to download.
Select the desired format for receiving data. You can choose between HTML or JSON. You can also specify the quality of the downloaded media: high, medium or low.
Facebook will show all categories of data that you can download. You can select and deselect these categories, depending on the data you want to export.
Click on Create file. Facebook will prepare the download. Depending on the size of the download, it may take several days to complete.
Once the download is ready, you will receive a Facebook notification.
To download the data, select the down arrow icon in the top right corner of Facebook, then go to Settings and privacy -> Settings -> Your Facebook information -> Download your information. Then select the Available Copies tab. Select Download and Facebook will download a copy of your data.
How to download your personal data on Twitter
This includes an archive of all your tweets, likes, moments and direct messages. This can be useful if you plan to delete your Twitter account but don't want to lose all the photos and videos you've tweeted over the years.
- Go to Twitter and log into your account.
- In the left menu, select Other.
- Select Settings and privacy -> Your account -> Download an archive of your data.
- When prompted, enter the password for your Twitter account.
- Select access Request.
- Twitter will prepare your data. You will receive a Twitter notification when your data is ready for download.
- To download this information, click the notification. When prompted, enter your password and you can then download your data as a ZIP file.
How to download your personal data on Instagram
Instagram is different from other platforms, as you have the ability to view your data, without downloading it. You can view various categories of data, using the tool. This information includes a record of all the times you've logged in and out of your account, your search history, hashtags you follow, and any accounts you've blocked.
If you would like to download a copy of your personal Instagram data, you can use the tool from. Submit your request and Instagram will email a copy to the address associated with your account. Please note that this process could take up to 48 hours.
How to download your personal data on TIKTOK
- Open the TikTok app and go to your profile.
- At the top right, tap the ellipsis icon.
- Go to Privacy and security -> Personalization and data -> Download TikTok data.
- You should now see a list of all your data. Find the red button Download and select it.
- TikTok will now create your download and notify you as soon as it is available.