How to change the printer's IP address? If you are having trouble connecting to the printer, it may be helpful to set it to a static IP address. By default, most printers use a dynamic IP address, which changes from time to time.
This can make it difficult to connect to the printer, especially when making network changes. Also, assigning a printer to a static IP address can help you organize your network, which is useful if you have many devices connected to the same network. Here's how to change the printer's IP address on a Mac and a Windows 10 PC.
How to change the printer's IP address on a PC Windows 10
To change the printer's IP address, type the current IP address into a web browser's address bar. Then go to the Settings or Network page and change your printer's network to a static / manual IP address. Finally, type in the new IP address.
Note: These steps may vary depending on the type of printer you are using.
- Type your printer's IP address into the address bar of any web browser. You can find the current IP address of the printer on the printer display. If your printer doesn't have a screen, check out our guide on how to find your printer's IP address here.
Note: Make sure the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.
- Enter the printer username and password, if required. If you haven't set a password for your printer, you can try using “admin” as the Username box and leave the Password box blank.
- Go to your printer's Settings / Network page.
- Select IP address configuration. You can also search for TCP / IP or IP configuration within the page.
- Change your network from automatic / dynamic to static / manual IP.
- Type the IP address you want to use for the printer. Now, when the printer is connected to the computer, it will automatically be assigned to this IP address.
- Save your current settings and close your browser.
How to change the printer's IP address on Mac
To change the printer's IP address on a Mac, go to System Preferences> Printers & Scanners. Then click Options & Supplies and type a new IP address in the box next to Location.
- Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Then select System Preferences.
- Then, click Printers & Scanners.
- Then click Options & Supplies.
- Finally, change the printer's IP address in the box next to Location and click OK.
- How to add printer to MAC
- How to find the IP address of the printer
- How to connect a printer to a laptop
- How to install printer without CD
- The best wireless printers