What is the best memory card for GoPro? GoPro recommends using SD Class 10 memory cards in all camera models. GoPro recommends using Class 10 SD memory cards in all their Action camera models. This type of storage device is ideal for small to medium sized self-adjusting cameras such as GoPro. Normally, the microSD comes with an SD card adapter, for use in the notebook.
Why use the SD Class 10 card in GoPro?
You need to know that SD cards have numbers, corresponding to the speed class - the term determines the minimum sequential recording speed. That is, the guaranteed transfer rate all the time.
Full HD video recording requires a constant minimum recording rate to avoid so-called “frame drop” during capture, therefore, to perform smooth playback. The SD association has set standards for video quality.
- Class 2: 2 MB / s minimum sequential recording speed;
- Class 4: 4 MB / s minimum sequential recording speed;
- Class 6: Minimum sequential recording speed of 6 MB / s;
- Class 10: Minimum sequential recording speed of 10 MB / s.
So with a Class 10 SD card you can move the contents of your card to your PC faster and you can capture Full HD (1080p) video. Class 10 performance for 4K video is reasonable. For Ultra HD or 8k we recommend using micro SD cards with UHS Speed Class U1 and U3 and Video Speed Class V6, V10, V30, V60 and V90. The latter are usually more expensive in stores.
However, there are other details on memory cards for GoPro cameras. For example, the total GB each camera model supports (32GB to 128GB).
What is the best memory card for GoPro?
- HERO (2014): Class 10 MicroSD card up to 32 GB.
- HERO3 Black Edition, HERO3 +, HERO + e HERO + LCD: Class 10 up to 64 GB.
- HERO4 e HERO Session: Class 10 MicroSD card up to 128 GB.
- HERO3: Silver Edition: Class 10 MicroSD card up to 64 GB.
- HERO3: White Edition: Class 10 MicroSD card up to 64 GB.
- HD HERO2: Class 10 SD card up to 32 GB.
- HD HERO Original e HD HERO 960: SD card of 4 class up to 32 GB (exception).
Look at the models of memory card for GoPro Class 10 suggested by GoPro itself.
- How to connect GoPro to your Android phone
- Android One, internal memory full but I can't log in to delete it
- How to improve and speed up your PC?
- The best video cards
- 3 best solutions for when SD card is not detected by PC