TikTok is becoming one of the most popular social media in the world. If you have just downloaded or started using TikTok, this is a guide that will teach you the basic functions of this social network.
TikTok: base guide
Here are the main features you should know to get started with TikTok.
- How to upload a video from your gallery
- How to upload a slideshow of photos uploaded from the gallery
- How to delete posts from TikTok
- How to create a video on TikTok without holding the record key
- Download a video from TikTok
- How to perform a duet on TikTok
- How to make your TikTok account private
Now we are going to explain each of these functions to you.
How to upload a video from your gallery
In addition to creating a video in real time from the TikTok app itself, you can upload videos from your gallery, here's what you need to do:
- Open TikTok and press the plus icon at the bottom of the screen. Once you get to the registration screen, click the Upload button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- This takes you to your phone's gallery where you can select which video you want to upload. To upload more than one video, select More. You can then proceed with changing the length of the video, as well as add text and filters.
How to upload a slideshow of photos uploaded from the gallery
Besides uploading videos you can upload you can upload a photo slideshow to TikTok, what you need to do is:
- Open TikTok and press the plus icon at the bottom of the screen.
- You'll see options for your video length, along with what it says photo templates. Scroll to choose a template, then tap Select Photo.
- This takes you to your gallery where you can choose multiple photos to use in a slideshow.
- The order of the photos in your slideshow depends on the order in which you select them. When finished, click OK in the upper right corner of the screen to proceed to the editing step.
- Once you are done post your photo slideshow on your TikTok profile
How to delete posts from TikTok
What if you realize you have made a mistake in posting a video on your profile? Don't worry, you can eliminate it whenever you want by following this procedure.
- Go to your profile
- Select the video you want to delete.
- Click the three dots on the right side of the screen to bring up a menu. Scroll through these options, then choose Delete.
How to create a video on TikTok without holding the record key
Thanks to the timer function you can record your video without holding down the record button and thus use both hands. Here's how to set up a timer recording on TikTok.
- Select the plus sign at the bottom of the screen to start making your video.
- Now instead of holding down the big red button, click on Timer on the right side of the screen.
- This allows you to choose the recording time of your video by using the slider to select it.
- TikTok will display a three second countdown before starting the recording.
Download a video from TikTok
Do you like a video and would like to download it to your device for offline viewing? Here's how to download a video on TikTok.
- Go to the video you want to download and select the arrow icon on the right side of the screen.
- Click Save Video and it will download directly to your phone.
How to perform a duet on TikTok
With TikTok, you can perform duets with other users, no matter where they are. To start a long distance duet, you need to find a video you want to use first.
Now click the arrow button on the right side of the screen to open the sharing menu. From here, click Duet. You can then record a video together with the chosen person.
How to make your TikTok account private
On TikTok every video that is posted by default is visible to anyone on the social network, regardless of whether they follow you or not, as well as being able to make comments etc ... To remedy this, you can make your account private.
When you make your account private, other users cannot follow you without your approval. You can also adjust other privacy settings related to comments, reactions, messages and more.
Here's what you need to do to make your TikTok account private:
- From your profile click on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Go to Privacy and Security and click the Private Account button to enable this setting.
These are the basic functions you should know to get started with TikTok. Good fun.