How to upload your resume to a LinkedIn profile or add it to a job application. There are several ways to add your resume to LinkedIn. You can upload a resume directly to your LinkedIn profile or via Easy Apply on job applications.
Creating a custom resume for your LinkedIn profile is key to standing out in the job market. If the Featured section is disabled, you can still add your resume via the "Add Section" option.
LinkedIn can be a useful tool for getting your name out there and in front of the right hiring managers. It can also help when it comes to applying directly for jobs, especially the thousands featured on the site.
To take full advantage of these features, it's a good idea to upload a resume to your profile. Here's what you'll need to do to upload a resume to LinkedIn.
Add your resume on LinkedIn
If you don't have a resume ready, you can use LinkedIn's download feature, which takes all the information you've included in your profile and converts it into a PDF resume.
However, the downloaded resume is likely not as aesthetically pleasing as a resume you have created yourself and will likely be longer than you want. So, uploading a custom resume to your profile allows you to tailor your employment information to better suit the job you're applying for so you stand out the right way. The same is true when applying for a job.
How to insert a resume in the LinkedIn profile
- Go to the LinkedIn website and log into your account if necessary.
- Click on the tab Io in the toolbar at the top under your profile photo.
- Select View profile from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Scroll down to the section Featured and click the link Add featured if you haven't uploaded anything in the section. If you did, click plus icon + at the top right of the box, to the left of the pencil icon. If you don't see the Featured section, it might be disabled. If so, scroll to the top of your profile and select Add section, Then Featured, Followed by Media. You can then proceed to step n. 6 of this guide.
- Otherwise, if you have the Featured section and clicked Add featured o plus icon +, in the drop-down menu that appears, select Media.
- In the file upload window that appears, locate the resume document you want to upload. Click and select apri.
- A preview of the document will appear, as will boxes to give your resume a Title it's a Description. Only the title.
- After filling in the title and description, do click su Save.
How to delete LinkedIn account
How to upload a resume to LinkedIn when applying for a job
- Once you've found a job you want to apply for, click or tap the job title to view the details.
- Click or tap the button Simple application. For this to work, you have to choose Easy Apply, Not Apply. If not, you will be directed to the hiring company's job application portal. And your resume must be less than 2MB and be formatted in Word or PDF.
- Add the required information and in Resumeselect Upload resume.
- Choose the desired file from the pop-up window and click apri.
- Select NEXT and continue with the application until you reach the page Revise.
- Select Send question when six soon.
- The 7 best apps to create a resume on your Android phone
- How to delete LinkedIn account
- The best apps to find work from your Android and iOS phone
- How to upload photos to iCloud and sync your photos
- What is Canva? A guide to features