How to subscribe to Apple One, Apple's bundled subscription service for music, TV and more. You can sign up for an Apple One subscription from any Apple device. To sign up for Apple One, you may need to update your iPhone, iPad or Mac computer to the latest operating system. You can sign up for three different Apple One plans, each with a different package of subscriptions at varying prices.
What is Apple One and how does it work?
Apple One is a bundle for many of the company's popular services. There are three plans to choose from and each includes Apple Music, Apple TV Plus, Apple Arcade, and iCloud storage, while the more expensive option includes Apple Fitness Plus and Apple News Plus.
The idea is that Apple One is cheaper than the individual subscription to multiple services. So, if you're already paying for one, like Apple Music, it's just a few dollars more a month to access at least three other services. If you try to sign up for a second service, Apple devices will suggest an Apple One plan instead to save you money. There are three different Apple One plans:
- The individual plan ($ 14,95 per month) with Apple Music, Apple TV Plus, Apple Arcade, and 50GB of iCloud storage.
- The family plan ($ 19,95 per month) with Apple Music, Apple TV Plus, Apple Arcade, 200GB of iCloud storage, and the ability to share your plan with up to five other people.
- The Premier plan ($ 29,95 per month) with Apple Music, Apple TV Plus, Apple Arcade, 2TB iCloud Storage, plus Apple Fitness Plus and Apple News Plus. You can share this plan with up to five other people.
But before you can sign up for any of these plans, you'll need to upgrade your computer, iPhone, or iPad.
How to sign up for Apple One on Mac (and upgrade computer if needed)
According to Apple, your computer must have macOS Big Sur before signing up for Apple One (if your computer is already up to date, skip to step four below). Note that some older computers will not be able to upgrade to this operating system. Find out if your computer can host macOS Big Sur here.
- Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click on "System Preferences".
- Click "Software Update" and then "Update Now" to update your computer.
- Once your computer is updated, go back to "System Preferences".
- Click on "Apple ID" in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on "Media & Purchases".
- Click "Manage ..." next to "Subscriptions" to launch the App Store.
- Click the option for Apple One.
- Select your plan.
How to sign up for Apple One on iPhone or iPad (and update device if needed)
Apple One requires your device to be running iOS 14 or later (if your device is already up to date, skip to step four below). The latest update for devices includes support for Apple Fitness Plus.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap "General".
- Tap “Software Update”, then “Download and Install” to update your phone.
- Once updated, go back to "Settings".
- Tap your name and Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Tap "Subscriptions".
- You will see "Get Apple One". Tap "Try Now".
- Select the Individual, Family or Premier plan.
- The first month is free. Tap "Start Free Trial".
- Tap Sign Up on the pop-up menu and enter your Apple ID password.
- What is Apple One and how does it work?
- How to cancel Apple One subscription
- How to pair Bluetooth headphones to your Apple Watch
- How to cancel Apple TV Plus subscription
- How to reset Apple TV, all models