So are you interested in seeing how many devices are connected to WiFi? How to know how many phones and computers are connected to WiFi? When the WiFi connection becomes too slow, you may have too many active devices connected to it. To rule out doubts, it's best to make sure how many devices are connected and then determine if it's a bandwidth saturation or a service failure.
If you are asking how to know how many devices are connected to WiFi, now you do we explain it step by step. This way you will know if, in particular, all connected devices have been authorized by you or if, failing that, some intruder has connected to your WiFi.
How to see how many WiFi devices are connected
1. Find the IP address of the modem or router
check the devices connected to the WiFi network, you need to know the IP address of the router. If you want to know how many devices are connected to your Wifi from your PC or mobile, you will need to know your IP. If you have no idea what it is, follow these simple steps to find out:
- If you have a computer running Windows, click Start and then click Search.
- In the search field, type “Command Prompt” or “CMD”. Click to open it.
- A window opens with a black background. Type the term “ipconfig” and type Enter. “Default Gateway” will be displayed at the end of all the information listed.
- Next to it is a code, usually it is 192.168.0.1. This is the IP address of the router.
- If you work from a computer running MacOs, go to the “System Preferences” menu.
- There, select "Network" and then "Advanced".
- Find the "TCP / IP" option. Below appears the IP address of the active modem.
2. Go to the administrative page of the router
Now, to see how many devices are connected to WiFi, you need to open the default browser (Chrome, Mozilla, Edge, Safari…).
In the search bar, enter the IP address of the router (for example, 192.168.0.1) and press ENTER. This will open the modem manufacturer's website. This is the best way to know who is connected to WiFi without you knowing.
A login form to enter the username e the password will appear on the manufacturer's website. If you have not previously configured your username, you will need to enter the data.
The default user and password may vary by manufacturer, although it is usually 'admin'. If the IP address is 192.168.0.1, you can view the manufacturer information via the NetSpot website.
If you can't remember the password to enter your modem settings, you can reset the router to restore its factory settings. However, keep in mind that you will lose all settings.
3. Find the list of devices connected to WiFi
Once you have found your username and password, you can enter the passcode and see how many phones and computers are connected to your modem. Look for the option "Connected devices" o "Wireless" and you will see all computers or phones currently connected to your WiFi.
Depending on the interface, some routers will have this information elsewhere. You may find them in the section"State" and in the card"Advanced"'
If you don't recognize any of the devices and want to disconnect them, you will have to change the WiFi password. This is the most recommended thing to prevent anyone from hacking the router and can control the devices connected to the WiFi network.
For information on how to change your key, see our article on how to change your WiFi password.
4. How to control Wifi connected devices with my phone
Unlike computers, with a smartphone it is not possible to determine the IP of the router without the help of a specific app. To avoid problems, the best option is the Fing - Network Scanner app, available for free for Android and iOS mobiles.
After downloading and installing Fing on your mobile, just open the app and start the network scanner to know the data of the router and know how many devices are connected to your WiFi.
With the application it is possible to create the user and block access to unknown devices, as well as monitor in real time all the activity of the WiFi connection. The Fing application is also available for computers, with the same free features as the mobile version.
If you are having network problems, find out how to use your mobile as a router in this article.
- See iPhone WiFi password, simple
- How to check if your password is secure using Google Password Checkup
- How many NPCs are there in Terraria
- How to see the WiFi passwords saved on your Android phone
- How to know who is using my WiFi