Microsoft Edge allowed you to read your favorite eBooks directly in the browser. Microsoft made it possible to open EPUB files via Windows 10 Creators Update, which brought a number of features including support for the EPUB file format.
Adding EPUB support to Edge was a strategic decision because Microsoft sold eBooks in the Microsoft Store app. In July 2022, once Microsoft removed eBooks completely, it also discontinued support for EPUB files, which means it is no longer possible to open eBooks with the .epub extension with Microsoft Edge.
Fortunately, you can open EPUB files on Windows using an application that supports them, convert EPUB files to other supported file formats, and then read them on your PC.
How to convert a Word document to a JPG OR GIF image
How to open EPUB files on Windows
You can open EPUB files in most eBook readers, but if you want to open the files on your Windows PC, this guide will show you five different ways to do it.
- Use of third-party ePub apps
- Using a browser extension
- Use of Google Play Books
- Rename the file from.ePub to.zip
- Converting the EPUB file to PDF
Open EPUB files using third party software
Microsoft has a list of recommended free and premium third-party ePub apps that open EPUB files. Also, you can use other free programs like Caliber, Adobe Digital Editions or the simpler EPUB File Reader.
Caliber is a free eBook manager that:
- Open EPUB files
- Keeps your EPUB library organized
- Convert EPUB files to other popular eBook file formats so that you can read them on your Windows PC
Here's how you can use Caliber to open EPUB files on Windows.
- Download and install Caliber on your computer, open the app and select Add books.
- Find and select the fillet EPUB you want to open.
- Highlight the EPUB file in the main panel and select Show up.
- An EPUB file will appear in a new window, which you can resize according to your reading preferences.
Adobe Digital Editions is a free program that helps you to:
- Read eBooks downloaded from popular bookstores or library sites
- Transfer eBooks to different devices
- Download and install Adobe Digital Editions.
- Open the software on your Windows PC and then go to Fillet > Add to library.
- Find the EPUB file you want to open and double-click the eBook to open and read it.
How to Put a Picture Behind Text - Microsoft Word
Open EPUB files using a browser extension or add-on
If you use Chrome or Firefox, you can get an extension or add-ons like Simple EPUB Reader or EPUBReader that allow you to read EPUB files in the browser.
- On Chrome, find EPUBReader from the Chrome Web Store and select Add to Chrome.
- Select Add extension to add EPUBReader to Chrome.
- You will receive a notification that the EPUBReader extension has been added to Chrome.
- To open your EPUB file, select the EPUBReader Chrome extension icon top right.
- Select the icon area of folder in the new window.
- Choose the EPUB file you want to open, select apri and start reading your eBook directly in the browser.
Apri file EPUB tramite Google Play Books
Google Play Books is an online bookstore that contains collections of textbooks, bestsellers, classics and new book releases. You can use the app on your mobile device or a web reader app for Chrome on your Windows PC.
You can upload the EPUB file to your Google account and open it using Google Play Books in a few quick steps.
- Select I my books on the left side.
- Select Upload file.
- Select add files from yours device or via Google Drive and click the blue button Select to add the EPUB file.
- Once you have uploaded the EPUB file to Google Play Books, you will find the file in the My Books section and you can read it directly on your browser.
Note- Any books you add to Google Play Books are only visible to you, which means no one can view or open them. Also, you can't customize book covers.
4 ways to convert PDF to Word
Open EPUB file by renaming.ePub to.zip
If you don't want to open EPUB files on Windows using third party software, you can rename the file from.ePub to.zip and open it with a file compression program such as 7-Zip.
- To rename the file, open the location where the file is saved.
- Right-click the .pub file and select Rhinomine.
- Replace the suffix.ePub with.zip I awarded Submit.
You can also use an online tool like ezyZip to convert the ePub file to a .zip file.
Then, use 7-Zip, WinRAR, WinZip or your favorite file compression program to extract the contents of the file, which is in HTML format.
Open EPUB file by converting EPUB file to PDF
You can also convert an EPUB file to a PDF and open it on your PC. Some programs that can convert EPUB to PDF or other eBook reading formats include Caliber, Zamzar, and Online eBook Converter.
- If you choose Caliber, add the EPUB file you want to convert into the program, select Convert books > Convert individually.
- Select your preferred format, which can be PDF, MOBI, LIT, TXT, FB2, AZW or PDB, among others.
Final report: it is not possible to transfer or convert DRM protected eBooks to other file formats.
- Select the eBook. You choose Click to open in the right pane to open the converted EPUB file to PDF.
- Select the PDF file to open and choose the app you want to use to open the PDF and read the eBook.
Microsoft Office alternatives, the best
Read digital books on your PC
Whether you've downloaded or received a file in EPUB format, knowing how to open it on Windows will save you time and a lot of frustration.
Do you have a tip or trick to help you open EPUB files on Windows? Tell us in the comments section.
- What is the .AAE file extension? How to open .AAE file?
- Unable to open JPG files on Windows 10 and Windows 11, 6 solutions
- How to open a DAT file in Windows 10
- How to prevent Microsoft Edge from opening PDF on Windows 10
- 12 ways to open the Task Manager in Windows 10
- how to make heart with the phone keypad
- fall guys how to play with 2 or more players
- how to disconnect spotify from alexa
- dazn error let s see how to solve it together
- cyberpunk 2077 guide to the endings secret ending all the choices to be made
- download microsoft office 2022 for free
- cuphead the complete guide
- create gmail account without phone number 5 methods
- How to change Country on Google Play Store: 5 Solutions (2022)