How to find the IP address of the printer? It is important to know the IP address of the printer if you want to connect it to the network or troubleshoot any problems. Your printer's IP address is a bit like home address. Without it, no print jobs or other commands can be sent to the printer. Here's how to find the printer's IP address on a Mac or Windows PC.
How to find the printer's IP address from the router
It doesn't matter if you are using a Mac or a PC, you can find the IP address of the printer by logging into the router.
- Type the router's local IP address into the address bar of any web browser.
- Enter your username and password .
- The printer's IP address will appear in the list of devices connected to the network.
Note: The information will be listed differently depending on the router configuration page. Look for words such as network map, list of connected devices, network topology, or other similar terms.
How to find the printer's IP address in Windows 10
There are a couple of ways to print your IP address from a Windows 10 desktop or laptop. The easiest way is to find it in the Control Panel. That's how:
- Type "control panel" in the search box. This is the magnifying glass button next to the Start menu in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Click Devices and Printers .
- Right-click on a printer and select Properties .
- Select the Web Services tab . The IP address should be at the bottom of the Device Information and Troubleshooting Information panels.
If you can't find your printer in the control panel, you can do a more intense search using the Command Prompt. That's how:
How to find the IP address of the printer with the command prompt
- Type cmd in the search box next to the Start menu.
- Type ipconfig in the command line, then press Enter.
- Find your IPv4 address .
- On a new command line, type ping followed by a space and then your IPv4 address .
- Then press Enter .
- After the results are loaded, type arp -a and press Enter. All dynamic and static connections that use the IPv4 address will be loaded.
Note: If you know the MAC address or physical address of the printer, the Internet address displayed next to it will be the printer's IP address. This 12-digit number is usually found on the printer or in the printer manual.
- Open any web browser . You can use Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or any other web browser of your choice.
- Copy and paste the dynamic IP address obtained from the arp command . If multiple addresses are displayed, paste each address into a different tab.
- If the IP opens a printer configuration page, that would be your printer's IP address. The web page will have the manufacturer's logo and will show printer information, such as printer status and how much ink you have.
How to find the printer's IP address on a Mac
There are two simple ways to find the printer IP address on your Mac desktop or laptop. First, you can find it in System Preferences. You can also find it online using Common Unix Printing System (CUPS), an open source printing system for Apple and UNIX devices.
How to find the printer's IP address from System Preferences
- Open System Preferences. You can find it in the dock or by accessing the Apple logo in the upper left corner of the screen and selecting System Preferences.
- Click Printers & Scanners.
- Select a printer from the left column . If you have multiple printers on your network, they will appear in a list on the right side of the Print & Scan menu.
- The printer's IP address will be in Location
How to find the IP address of the printer via the CUPS web page
- Open the Applications folder.
- Then open Utilities.
- Then, open Terminal.
- Type cupsctl WebInterface = yes and press Enter on your keyboard. The CUPS web interface will be enabled.
- Open Safari .
- Type localhost: 631 / printers in the address bar.
- The printer's IP address will be in the Location column.
Now that you know how to find your printer's IP address, the next step is to learn how to add your printer on Mac or Windows 10 desktop or laptop.
How to find the printer's IP address from the network configuration page
Most printers can print a network configuration page, which will include the printer's IP address.
If your printer has a user interface (UI) display, the configuration page can generally be printed by going to the Settings or Setup page. Again, the exact steps will vary depending on the make and model of the printer.
For example, on an HP LaserJet Pro M1212n, you need to go to Setup> Reports> Reports Demo Page> Configuration Report to print the configuration page.
On the other hand, for Canon imageRUNNER printers, you need to go to main menu> Settings> Preferences> Network to print a report. Check your device manual for the exact steps to follow.
For models without a UI display, you must press and hold a certain button (typically this button is labeled Power, Go or, in some cases, the Wi-Fi button) for 5-10 seconds to print a page of configuration . It is best to check your printer manual on how you can do this.
Now that you know how to find your printer's IP address, the next step is to learn how to add your printer on Mac or Windows 10 computer.
- How to change the printer's IP address
- How to add printer to MAC
- How to install printer without CD
- How to connect a printer to a laptop
- How to connect a printer in Windows 10
- how to make heart with the phone keypad
- fall guys how to play with 2 or more players
- how to disconnect spotify from alexa
- dazn error let s see how to solve it together
- cyberpunk 2077 guide to the endings secret ending all the choices to be made
- download microsoft office 2022 for free
- cuphead the complete guide
- create gmail account without phone number 5 methods
- How to change Country on Google Play Store: 5 Solutions (2022)