It's possible delete blank lines in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet by right clicking on each row separately and selecting "Delete". However, this is a very time-consuming and inefficient way of delete blank lines in Excelespecially when dealing with large spreadsheets with thousands of lines.
In this post you will learn how to delete blank lines in Microsoft Excel quickly and efficiently, without wasting time eliminating them one at a time.
How to delete blank lines in Excel
1. Highlight the area of your spreadsheet that you want to remove blank lines from.
2. Make sure you are on the HOME tab and click "Find and Select" in the "Edit" section.
3. Select “Go to Special” from the drop-down menu.
3. Then select "Blank" and click "OK". All blank cells on the selected spreadsheet will be displayed. They will be highlighted.
4. Click "Delete" in the Cells section,
5. Select "Delete Sheet Rows" from the drop-down menu.
Any blank lines will be removed, leaving you with a spreadsheet that you can sort and filter.
Remove blank lines in Excel without deleting them
Here is another method to get rid of blank lines without actually deleting them. This method uses the Microsoft Excel filter function.
1. Highlight the area of your worksheet containing the blank lines.
2. Click "Filter" in the "Sorting and Filtering" section of the Home tab.
3. See all data columns set to be filtered with a drop down button.
3. Click the drop-down button for any column and uncheck 'Blanks'
You will see all hidden blank rows and rows with visible data. You can retrieve blanks at any time by clicking blanks.
Elimination of empty columns from the Excel spreadsheet
As you must have guessed, the same steps can be applied to eliminate blank columns from a spreadsheet.
1. Highlight the area of your spreadsheet that you want to remove empty columns from.
2. Click "Find and Select" in the "Edit" section of the Home tab.
3. Select “Go to Special” from the drop-down menu
3. Then select "blank" and click "OK". All blank columns on the selected worksheet will be displayed.
4. Click "Delete" in the Cells section (next to the Edit section)
5. Select “Delete Sheet Columns” from the drop-down menu to delete all selected blank columns.
This method saves a lot of time and effort while managing large Microsoft Excel worksheets containing thousands of items.
Make sure you've saved a backup copy of your file before trying this method. You will be able to go back to your backup in case you accidentally end up deleting rows or columns containing data.
- How to use absolute references in Excel
- How to enable or disable AutoCorrect in Excel
- How to delete your videos from YouTube
- How to track changes in Microsoft Excel
- How to edit PDF quickly and easily