Steam is a great platform with a collection of many interesting games. However, users often face technical issues with the platform. One such problem is that Steam shows that the game is running even when the player has closed the game. In this guide, I will show you various ways to solve this problem.
Normally, this error can also show if the game is active but the user does not know it. The game may be open in the task manager or it may not have closed properly. A particular game may have a launcher that the player must close separately.
If the launcher is still active and the player reopens the same game, Steam will reply that the game is already running. Let's get into the guide and see how to solve this problem.
- The best detective games for Android
Steam says the game is running? How to fix
Sometimes, due to some bug in the application or game, players may see this message while starting a game. This too is solvable.
Game Launcher still active on the taskbar
Most games may have an introductory menu which is actually part of the original game. However, it is controlled by a launcher which often minimizes itself to the system tray. So, we have to close the same separately.
- The launcher can be easily identified by the game icon
- Simply click on the launcher to maximize it and then close it
- You can also highlight the minimized icon and then click the close button.
Try restarting Steam when you get the game running message
Closing and restarting an application is essentially a great solution and always works wonders. We can also try it for Steam.
- Close the game and launcher (if still running)
- Awards Ctrl + Alt + Canc to call back Task Manager
- Then, in the tab Services, cerca Steam
- Highlight it and then click End operation
- If possible, close any other programs that are open but not in use
- I also suggest you restart your PC
- Wait a few minutes and restart Steam
- Then start the game you were trying to start earlier
- It will now launch without problems
NOTE: : You can also use this exact process and try closing the game from the Task Manager, if it is open. Simply in the services tab. Search for the game by name, then highlight it. Click End Task. Also, if Steam is open, close it using the previous steps.
Please install the game again
While this is a time-consuming endeavor, often when the aforementioned troubleshooter doesn't work, reinstalling the game files does the job.
- Start Steam
- click on library
- Right-click the game name> click Uninstall in the mini dialog that expands
- click on Delete to confirm the deletion and completely remove all existing files of the game in question.
- Close Steam and restart it once more
- As you did earlier, go up library
- go to the same game, highlight and right click on it
- Select Install
- Then click NEXT and wait for the game files to download
- Once the download is complete, launch the game
- It should work quickly now. To enjoy
Uninstall and reinstall Steam
One of the last recourses to fix the game is the running message is to uninstall and reinstall Steam. Try this if every other troubleshooting method didn't work. If there is any kind of bug, it will be fixed and the installation will bring the latest version of the game library to your PC.
- Go to Control Panel [Type Control Panel in the box Type here to search ]
- So go to Programs > Click Uninstall a program
- Scroll down in the list of installed programs until you see Steam
- Highlight it. Then click Uninstall
- Please wait while the uninstall process completes
- So go on store.steampowerred.com
- Download the executable file and install it by following the on-screen instructions
- Install the game of your choice and play
So, these are some of the working troubleshooting methods you can follow if you see Steam is saying that the game is running when the game is closed or has one of its components still active. Hope this guide was helpful.
- Fix Hyper Scape Saffron-209 error
- 8 Solutions for When Steam Won't Download Games to Your Computer
- How to fix Steam damaged disk error on Windows 10
- How to hide Steam activity from friends
- Steam not working, 12 solutions
⭐Latest News and Tricks⭐
- How to find and download all your movies from Google Drive
- The Sherlock Holmes Walkthrough: The Silver Earring
- Pokémon Sword and Shield Guides - Guide to clothing and accessories obtainable in the Crown Rift
- NBA 2K22: quick guide on how to earn VC for free
- Death Stranding: Guide to the Central Region Map