How to use Gmail's dark mode on iPhone, Android, or computer. Turning on the dark theme in Gmail reduces the white light on the screen. You can enable Dark Mode in Gmail on your desktop or if you have an Android.
However, those with an iPhone will have to go through the device's settings, not the Gmail app. Android users have this option too, if they want everything to be in dark mode on their phone.
If you stare at the screen all day, the bright light can seem a little jarring on the eyes. Switching to dark mode can help combat the problem and can also help save battery. For Gmail users, there are several options for enabling Dark Mode. But the method you will use will depend on the device you are using.
For example, if you have an iPhone, you no longer have the option to use the black theme in the Gmail app. But there is a workaround you can use to get the dark mode effect from your device's system settings.
Those using Android or PC can access the dark mode option via the Themes menu in the app itself. Here's how to do it all.
How to activate Gmail dark theme on desktop
- Open Gmail and log in if needed.
- Click Settings icon a gear shape, located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Next to Subject, Choose View all.
- Scroll down and select the theme Dark.
- Press on Save.
Almost everything will then appear in dark mode. But the window Dial for new e-mail messages it will still be displayed with a white background.
How to enable Gmail Dark Mode on iPhone and iPad
If you have iOS 13 and later, you can no longer switch to dark mode of the Gmail app via the menu Temi .
But you can enable dark mode via your device's settings by going to the Settings app, then choosing Display and brightness and selecting Dark.
Create Gmail account without phone number, 5 methods
How to activate Gmail dark theme on Android
This only works if you have Android Q version or later:
- Open the Gmail app and log into your account if needed.
- Toccata Menu in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select Settings.
- Select General Settings.
- Toccata Subject.
- Select Dark.
- This is the dark WhatsApp theme for Android in the latest beta version of the app
- How to activate dark mode on WhatsApp Web
- Enable YouTube dark mode
- How to get Instagram dark mode
- How to enable dark mode on Firefox