Lenovo announces, through a press release, that it has been presented on the market Star Wars: Jedi Challenges with Lenovo Mirage.
Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges with Lenovo Mirage, the augmented reality gaming experience
The most anticipated AR game related to the “Star Wars” saga has been presented on the market.
The bundle includes Mirage visor, beacons and an exclusive lightsaber controller.
Already with the new characters, planets and content of Star Wars ™: The Last Jedi ™
MILAN - 23 February 2018 - In a media meeting held at The Walt Disney Company's Milan headquarters, Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) presented the Star Wars ™: Jedi Challenges application with the Lenovo Mirage augmented reality headset to the market with Disney . The bundle, which is composed of the Mirage headset powered by a smartphone, a tracking beacon, a lightsaber controller - now available - of the latest release of the Star Wars: Jedi Challenge augmented reality application, which allows players to have a whole new experience of the universe conceived by George Lucas. Star Wars: Jedi Challenges offers several hours of playful content, is compatible with various Android and iOS1 smartphones and has been available for a few days.
Players can empathize with the Jedi character and hone their talents through different augmented reality experiences, each offering multiple levels of immersive play. To guide the player, Star Wars: Jedi Challenges features the Archivist, an entirely new Star Wars character who gives instructions on the use of the Force and knowledge of the Jedi. Game content also includes a new planet and characters that appear in Star Wars ™: The Last Jedi ™. Confronting the great antagonists of the dark side, the player will learn to perfect their skills in the use of the lightsaber, to command troops in missions to defeat the Empire and to play exciting games of Holochess, holographic chess, all in augmented reality.
Hardware and technology
You start by downloading the Star Wars: Jedi Challenges App on your compatible smartphone1 and inserting the smartphone itself into the sled of the Lenovo Mirage AR viewer. Lightweight and portable, the Lenovo Mirage AR headset offers full immersion in the gaming environment with an optimal level of comfort. The viewer is coupled to a tracking beacon, to be placed on the ground, which acts as a base to allow the sensors in the viewer to track the player's movements.
Equipped with two fisheye sensors for inside-out positional tracking, the viewer allows the player to move freely and naturally as they fight or lead their armies on the battlefield.
The headset pairs with a lightsaber controller, carefully modeled on the weapon used by Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, and Rey. Designed as an essential element of the gaming experience, the lightsaber acts as a controller and pointer, allowing players to navigate the user interface through actions and commands activated by two easy-to-use buttons.
Thanks to visible light tracking technology, the viewer's sensors work together to locate the position of the lightsaber controller, thus allowing players to see the light beam emanating from the sword's hilt and use it to interact with the world beyond. inside the game. Haptic feedback is activated when the player hits or parries an opponent's shot, while an inertial measurement element sends the rotation information collected by the controller to the smartphone in order to keep the beam stable when the player hits a swing.
- Lightsaber battles. Enthusiasts can train against legendary dark side characters such as Kylo Ren and Darth Vader with their lightsaber. With the latest application update that followed the release of the movie Star Wars: The Last Jedi, players can now also duel with two Praetorian Guards at the same time.
- Strategic combat. The player coordinates the forces of the Republic, the Rebel Alliance and the Resistance, against the firepower of the Separatists, the Empire and the First Order in epic battles fought in the living room - which is ideal for honing one's strategic skills and tactics in battle. The latest game software update also features three levels of strategic combat set on the new planet Crait that appears in Star Wars: The Last Jedi, against new opponents and vehicles such as the powerful First Order AT-M6 walkers.
- Holochess. Perhaps one of the most iconic board games ever seen in theaters, holographic chess of Holochess began to thrill Star Wars fans from the very first time they appeared aboard the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope ™. . Today they come to life in Jedi Challenges, where fans can move holographic pieces on the virtual board, making them fight for control of the playing field.
- New content in assault mode. The latest software update features new levels of play and opponents, including First Order Executor and Riot Stormtroopers.
- The Porgs arrive. Players will be rewarded with cute Porgs, now also present in augmented reality.
Price and availability
Lenovo Mirage with Star Wars: Jedi Challenges is available immediately at the recommended price (including VAT) of € 199,00. The product can be purchased at Lenovo's e-shop and select select online and offline stores.
1 Can be used with: iPhone® X, iPhone® 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7, Google Pixel XL , Google Pixel, Moto Z² Edition, LG G6.