Discovery + has just been released to the public and seems to be causing quite a stir. Discovery Plus lets you watch all of the content from Discovery's various networks, including classics like River Monsters, Man Vs Wild, and more. The platform has two subscription plans that give you access to exclusive original videos and an ad-free viewing experience.
If you are looking for a new subscription for your device then we have the perfect guide for you. Let's take a quick look.
How to download Discovery Plus on iOS, iPadOS and Android
It is quite simple to download and install Discovery + and the premium subscription on your mobile device. Let's take a look at the procedure.
Download the Discovery + app on your device:
- iOS and iPadOS - Download link
- Android - Download link
Download and install the Discovery Plus app on your device using the link above. Once installed, launch the app and tap “Personalize my experience”.
Now select the topics that concern you the most.
Tap "Continue" at the bottom of the screen when done.
You will now be asked to sign up for Discovery Plus. You can use a mobile number, your Google ID, your Facebook account or your Apple ID even if you are on an Android device to sign up for the service. To view the email registration options, tap "See more login options".
Once logged in, you will have access to all the free content offered by Discovery Plus.
How to get the premium membership
Now that you've set up Discovery + on your device, let's take a look at how you can sign up for their premium plan from within the app. By the way, you can always sign up for Discovery Plus from the web as well.
- Open the Discovery Plus app and tap "Premium" at the bottom of the screen.
- Now tap and choose your top floor.
- Tap "Continue" to proceed.
Now verify your payment with Apple. If you use an iOS device you will be billed through Apple and you can manage your subscription through your Apple ID.
If you are on Android, you will be shown all compatible payment platforms supported by Android. You can bill your subscription directly through Discovery Plus using methods such as credit cards, debit cards or other virtual payment methods.
This will allow you to manage your subscription directly from your Discovery + account. However, if you pay through the Google Play Store, you will be charged through Google and you will need to manage your subscription through the Play Store.
And this is all! Once your payment is complete, you should have access to all the premium content Discovery Plus has to offer.
How to watch Discovery Plus on TV via iPhone, iPad and Android
An elegant feature of the Discovery Plus mobile app is broadcasting. Just like Netflix and other major streaming platforms, you can mirror your device's screen to any broadcast compatible TV or monitor. Let's take a quick look at the procedure.
- Open the Discovery Plus app and play the content you want to stream to your TV / monitor.
- Once playback starts, tap the Cast icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Now select a compatible device on your network from the list.
Note: Your mobile device and your TV / monitor must be on the same WIFI network for the broadcast to work properly.
It will take a few seconds for the device to process your request, after which the screen should play on your TV / monitor.
Which devices are compatible with the broadcast
Most TVs and monitors with built-in casting can support iOS devices. Besides, you can also use the following devices to cast your device screen.
- Amazon Fire devices
- Apple TV
- Year of the TV
- Android TV
- Google Chromecast
- Other Chromecast devices
I can't see the Cast icon
There are a few reasons why the broadcast icon may be missing. You can check the common reasons below and fix the problem to start casting on your device.
- Android / iOS device uses mobile data instead of Wifi
- Casting is disabled on your TV / Chromecast
- Transmission disabled on your Android device
- Broadcast not supported by your version of Android
- An outdated version of the Discovery + app
- Incompatible Casting Receiver (TV, Chromecast, Android TV, etc.)
I hope you were able to easily download and watch Discovery Plus on your mobile device using this guide. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us using the comments below.
- Discovery Plus on LG TV: everything you need to know
- How to Watch Discovery Plus on Fire TV: Download and Casting Methods Explained!
- Discovery + crashes? 11 solutions
- How to watch Discovery Plus on TV
- Discovery + not working, 13 solutions