Sony PlayStation 4 has its own official controller which is perfectly designed to play the console's biggest video game hits. However, as PlayStation evolves and more and more features are added (streaming, internet browsing, etc.), the controller becomes a less convenient device for navigating the console. This article explains how to use other devices instead of the controller to navigate PS4 easily.
- How to enable parental controls on PlayStation 4
USE PS4 WITH KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
PlayStation allows you to play with third-party keyboards and mice. They can be Bluetooth or USB and you can install them in place of your regular controllers.
HOW TO CONNECT A USB KEYBOARD OR MOUSE TO PS4
To connect a USB keyboard or mouse to PS4, you need to do the following:
- Plug your device into an empty USB socket on PS4.
- The console should recognize the device and prompt the user for the account that uses it.
- Select the PS4 profile you want to associate with the device.
HOW TO CONNECT A BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD OR MOUSE TO PS4
Setting up a Bluetooth keyboard is slightly different from a USB one. Here's what you need to do:
- From the PS4 home screen, press the 'Up' button on the D-pad.
- Go to settings. '
- Find "Devices".
- Enter "Bluetooth devices".
- Wait for the system to search for nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Pair the devices normally by following the default pairing procedure of the Bluetooth device. Sometimes you will need to type a passkey (if the device is locked). If you are unsure how to pair the devices, the best way is to check the instruction manual.
- The PS4 will recognize a new device and ask you for the profile using it.
- Choose the profile you want to link to the device.
CHANGE THE KEYBOARD SETTINGS
Once the keyboard is set up, you will be able to change device settings via the PS4 system.
- Go to settings. '
- Select "Devices".
- Choose your keyboard.
From here, you can change the delay and repeat rate of the keys, as well as the keyboard type and language.
USE A PS4 WITH A SMARTPHONE
Sony has officially launched a PlayStation app (iOS and Android) that allows you to use your smartphone or tablet to control your PS4 remotely. You can use them as a keyboard, as a controller or even as a remote control.
The smartphone controller function is not yet available in many games, but it can come in handy in certain situations.
- How to stream from your PS4 to your PC
1) DOWNLOAD THE APP
Before starting to connect the two devices, you need to download the app from the App Store. The app is available on the Play Store and App Store. Recently, the app also works very well on iPads and tablets.
Once you've downloaded the app, install it on your device and open it. When prompted to access your login information, you'll need to enter the same PlayStation Network username and password you have on PS4. Otherwise, the controller will not work.
2) CONNECT THE DEVICES
Connect your PS4 using the "Second Screen" function. To do this, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the PS4 app.
- Tap the “Connect to PS4” icon after entering your PS4 credentials.
- Select the "Second Screen" option. If the devices are on the same Wi-Fi network, the smartphone should easily locate the PS4. If it can't find the PS4, make sure they are in the same network.
- Touch to connect the devices.
Next, you will need to enter a unique code to register your device on PS4:
- Go to the “Settings” menu on your PS4.
- Find the “PlayStation App Connection Settings” menu.
- Select "Add Device Menu" on your PS4.
- A code should appear on this screen.
- Copy the code into your phone app and you have officially registered the device.
The "PlayStation App Connection Settings" screen will show all devices connected to your PlayStation and from this menu, you can disconnect them in the future.
3) START USING THE SMARTPHONE
After the devices are connected, the only thing left is to use it as a remote control. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the PS4 app on your smartphone.
- Tap "Connect to PS4".
- Select "Second Screen".
- Tap the "Second Screen" button under your PS4.
- The remote control along with four icons will appear at the top of the screen.
The first icon allows you to use the remote in the game, but only if the game is compatible with the feature. The second allows you to use your smartphone as a remote to browse the PS4 menu. The third is a typing keyboard that allows you to type on the console, and the fourth icon allows you to see viewer comments while streaming.
After completing all these steps, your phone should automatically connect to the PS4 every time you turn on the app. Keep in mind that you won't be able to play many games with your phone, but every day more games become compatible with the app.
Even if you don't use the controller, you can have the same experience using keyboards, mice, and even your phone. You obviously won't be able to enjoy many games, but these devices are generally more convenient for out-of-game activities. You can easily text, browse the web, and even stream a movie with just a few clicks or taps instead of trying to do it all with a controller.
What would you use instead of the PS4 controller? Do you know a PS4 compatible keyboard and mouse? Leave a comment and let us know.
- How to record video clips on PS4
- How to use a PlayStation 4 controller on Android
- The best controllers for PC
- How to connect an Xbox controller to iPhone for gaming and more
- How to Sync Nintendo Switch Controllers
- How to connect PS4 or Xbox controllers on Switch
- how to make heart with the phone keypad
- fall guys how to play with 2 or more players
- how to disconnect spotify from alexa
- dazn error let s see how to solve it together
- cyberpunk 2077 guide to the endings secret ending all the choices to be made
- download microsoft office 2022 for free
- cuphead the complete guide
- create gmail account without phone number 5 methods
- How to change Country on Google Play Store: 5 Solutions (2022)