The Google Maps “Go” menu allows you to find saved routes. You can save a route in Google Maps with the “Pin” function. Saving a route or location allows you to quickly find your route or directions to that point later. In the Google Maps app for Android, you can also save a route to your phone's home screen for instant access.
If you are like most people, you probably drive on the same roads often. Even so, there's a good chance you're still using a GPS app like Google Maps to make sure you're on the right track. Google Maps can help you find your favorite routes even faster.
If you are using the Google Maps smartphone app, you can "pin" a navigation path or location and save it for later. This allows you to view a public transit route or driving directions with just two taps. It is perfect for the routes you take often. Here's how to save a route in Google Maps and easily find it later.
How to know your current position on Google Maps
How to save a route in Google Maps
These steps are the same for the Google Maps apps for iPhone and Android, but are slightly different depending on whether you want to save public transit or driving directions.
If you are using public transport, you can save the exact route from one point to another. But if you are driving, you can only save your destination - the starting location will always be your current location by default.
- Open Google Maps and start getting directions somewhere.
- When you are in the screen that allows you to choose which means of transport you are using and which route you want to take, select the route you want to save.
- While looking at the overview of the entire route, tap the option Pin at the bottom of the screen.
The selected route will be saved. Now, here's how to find it:
- Open Google Maps again and tap vai at the bottom of the screen.
- Anything you've pinned will appear at the top of the Go list. Just tap it to preview your route again.
If you have saved a route by public transport, you will see an exact preview of the route you originally saved. If you have saved a driving route, you will see directions from your current location to the destination you have stored.
Save a route on your Android home screen
If you are using an Android smartphone, you have one more option: save a shortcut for the route on your phone's home screen.
- Open Google Maps and view the route you want to save.
- On the same screen where you can pin the route, tap instead the three points next to the starting position.
- Select Add route to home screen and confirm that you want to add the icon.
Now every time you tap the link on the home screen, you will be taken to this same route preview.
- How to use Google Maps to plan a trip
- How to use Google Maps on Apple Watch
- How to set or change your address on Google Maps
- 5 hidden Google Maps tricks you need to know
- How to use Google Maps offline