Tired of answering the phone when it rings? Instead, learn how to answer calls using Windows 10. Thanks to Microsoft's Your Phone app, you can now make and receive phone calls from your Windows 10 computer. These are normal phone calls that you can make with your Android device through your Windows 10 computer. .
This guide teaches you how to set up your phone so that you can manage your Android phone calls in Windows 10.
Requirements for making and receiving calls in Windows 10
Your devices must meet the following minimum requirements to use the calling feature.
1. Windows 10 May 2022 Update
To use the call feature on your PC, your computer must have Windows 10 May 2022 Update (19H1) or later installed.
If you are unsure which version of Windows you are using, go to Settings> System> About on your computer and look towards the field Version. The first two digits in your version represent the year and the last two digits indicate the month of the update.
If you need to upgrade your PC, go to Settings> Update and security and click Check for updates. Use the Windows 10 Update Troubleshooter if you are having trouble with updates.
2. Bluetooth support
Both the phone and the PC must have Bluetooth enabled. The Your Phone app uses this wireless feature to allow you to make and receive phone calls on your computer.
Most Windows 10 laptops are equipped with the Bluetooth function, so you shouldn't have any problems. However, if yours doesn't have the feature, you can actually easily add Bluetooth to any computer.
3. Android 7.0 or later
Currently, you cannot use an iOS device to make and receive calls on your PC. You must use an Android device for this calling function.
Your Android device must be running Android 7.0 or later. If you are unsure of the Android version on your phone, go to Settings> About phone and you will see the current version of the operating system.
How to configure Windows 10 to make and receive calls
You need to set up your phone on both your Android device and computer before you can start making calls. There are several steps to set up Windows 10 for calls on your PC:
- Download and install Your Phone on the PC. Check the program list first in case the app is already installed.
- Install Your Phone Companion on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
- Start the your phone on both PC and phone. Connect both of your devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- In Your phone on your PC, select Android and then click Continue. You will see a QR code on the screen.
- On your Android phone, tap There is a QR code on your PC in the app, then point your phone at the QR code on your PC and scan the code.
- Click end on your PC.
- Now switch to your Android device and tap Continue on the phone.
- Toccata Allow to allow a Your phone to view your saved contacts, make and manage phone calls, access files and view messages, then select Continue.
- Toccata Allow in the request to allow the app to run in the background on the phone, then again Allow and then end.
- On your PC, select Add app to the bar of the uses to add Your phone to the taskbar. Then, click Start.
- click on Make a call in the resulting screen.
- Awards Start to configure the call option in Your phone on your PC, then press Configure to start the call setup.
- You will receive an authorization request on your phone. Touch apri followed by Allow in the prompt.
- A Bluetooth pairing code will appear on your phone. Touch Associate.
- A Bluetooth pair code is also displayed on the PC. click on Yes to continue.
- To view the call log on your PC, click Send authorization in the app on your PC.
- Accept the permission by tapping Allow on the phone.
How to make a call from your Windows 10 PC
Now that your phone is set up on both devices, let's try it out. To make a call using your phone on your PC:
- Start the your phone on the computer.
- Click on your phone in the left sidebar.
- Select Call in the menu.
- A dialer appears on the right. Enter the number you want to call and click on the call button below.
Receive an incoming call on your Windows 10 PC
When your Android phone receives an incoming call, a notification appears on your computer. You can then choose to accept or decline the call directly on your PC.
How to set up calls in a phone app already installed on Windows 10
If your phone is already installed on your PC, you don't need to configure some of the options described above. Instead, you just need to set up and enable the calling feature.
You can do this by starting Your phone on your PC and your phone by selecting your phone in the app on your PC and clicking on the option Call. The app walks you through the steps to set up the calling feature.
How to reset the Your Phone app on Windows 10 and Android
If your phone stops working or doesn't work as it should, you can reset the app on both your PC and phone and see if that fixes the problem.
Reset your phone to Android
Resetting your phone does not require uninstalling the app. You simply have to delete the app data and this should restore it. Here's how to do it:
- Go to Settings> Apps and notifications on your phone.
- Find the your phone companion in the list and tap it.
- Toccata Memory and cache.
- Toccata Clear memory followed by Clear cache.
- Open the app to reconfigure it.
Reset your phone on Windows 10
On your Windows 10 PC, you need to disconnect your phone from the computer first. Then, you can reset the app.
To disconnect the phone:
- Launch the app Settings.
- click on Telephone.
- Select the option Unplug this PC.
To reset your phone:
- Log in to the app Settings.
- click on App.
- Find and click Your phone.
- Select Advanced options.
- Click the button Reset.
Start making phone calls on Windows 10
With Your Phone, you can now bring the native calling feature of your Android device to your Windows 10 computer. As described above, simply connect your phone to your computer and you are ready to start making and receiving calls on your PC.
If for some reason you can't get your phone to work, there are actually plenty of other apps you can use to make internet calls from your computer. Most of these apps work like Skype and let you make and receive calls on your desktop computer.
- How to receive and make calls from your PC
- How to make and receive phone calls using Android on Windows 10
- How to make WhatsApp phone calls
- Samsung Galaxy A20e cannot make or receive calls. Here is the solution.
- How to make WhatsApp calls using the Google Assistant