Are you looking to convert MP4 to Mp3 via Windows Media Player? If yes, read this quick guide to convert MP4 to MP3 via Windows Media Player, VLC Media Player and iTunes.
Why convert Mp4 to Mp3?
MPEG-4, commonly known as MP4, has become the standardized format for audio-video files. The reason is that it is supported by all platforms i.e. Android, iOS and almost all media players.
However, you may need to convert MP4 to MP3 which is the audio file format because:
- You want to listen to your favorite songs and not watch the associated video.
- As some cell phones only support MP3 formats for downloading and streaming.
How to convert MP4 to MP3 using VLC, Windows Media Player, iTunes
Now let's discuss the methods for converting MP4 to MP3 on Windows 10 laptop / desktop. We will start with VLC Media Player first and then use iTunes, Windows Media Player and online tools to convert MP4 to MP3.
Option 1: Convert MP4 to Mp3 using VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is one of the most popular cross-platform media players due to its ability to play most media formats. This player also offers a quick way to change the file extension, as explained below:
- starts VLC Media Player and select the first tab titled Media.
- Select the option Convert / Save from the drop-down menu.
- Next, go to the tab Fillet and click sul pulsating + Add ... .
- Go to location of MP4 file, select the file MP4 and click You open.
- Do click on the option Convert / Save after selecting the video file.
- In the new window that appears, expand the option Profile in the category Settings.
- Select Audio-MP3 from the drop-down list.
- After have chosen MP3, click on Shop by Department.
- Select the position in where you want to store the converted file. When you select the location, you will notice that the option Save as type automatically shows the format MP3.
- Now, do it click su Save.
- Once you have completed the above steps, click the button starts.
The MP4 video will be converted by the VLC player and a new MP3 file will be generated and saved in the specified location.
Option 2: Convert Mp4 to Mp3 via iTunes
To convert MP4 to MP3 on Windows PC, you can also use iTunes software. You will be able to play audio in MP3 and MP4 format. Follow the given steps to do it:
- Launch the app iTunes designed for the Windows operating system on your computer.
- Switch to the toolbar menu. click on Edit> Preferences.
- In the tab General, select Import settings.
- Select MP3 like encoding format.
- from library, select i video / mp4 files you want to convert.
- Convert MP4 to MP3 version of said files by clicking Fillet > Create MP3 version.
This process will convert MP4 to Mp3 using iTunes on Windows PC.
Final report: you can convert files to AAC, .AIFF, .WAV versions using the same process. Just replace MP3 with the required file format and click Create version from the list provided.
Option 3: Convert Mp4 to Mp3 using Windows Media Player
On Windows PC, you can easily convert MP4 to MP3 format using Windows Media Player. Below are the detailed steps to perform this process:
Final report: You need a blank CD to convert MP4 to MP3 using Windows Media Player.
- To get started, go to the directory on your computer for the file MP4 you want to convert.
- Right click on it and select Open with> Windows Media Player.
- The MP4 file will start playing in Windows Media Player.
- From the top menu click Organize then select Options.
- Switch to the tab Copy music. Select MP3 from the drop-down menu Format.
- When done, click File> Save with name. Click "File Name", for example "escape.mp4", then move the cursor to the extension and change it to.mp3 as "escape.mp3".
- Finally, click on the Save button.
Windows Media Player will convert the MP4 file to an MP3 file. Once converted, the file will be stored in the specified location on your computer.
Option 4: Convert MP4 to MP3 using online converters
If you find the above-mentioned methods difficult to understand and follow, you can use free online converters on the internet instead. Several tools are available online, such as:
- Free Convert
How to convert a PDF to PowerPoint
How to convert FLAC to MP3
How to convert EXE to APK
Program to convert Windows PC and MAC video
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. What are the benefits of using the MP4 format?
Advantages of using MP4:
- Due to its video quality and streaming capabilities, the MP4 format is a popular video format that works with almost any video player.
- Most social networks and video sharing services accept MP4.
- Due to its greater video quality compression and preservation functions, MP4 is the preferred video upload / download format.
Q2. What are the advantages of the MP3 format?
Advantages of using MP3:
- The small file size is one of its most noteworthy features. Compared to a typical CD Digital Audio or CDDA file recorded on a compact disc, the size is reduced by a factor of 12.
- Due to the small file size, thousands of songs may be stored on internal or external memory.
We hope this guide was useful to you and that you were able to convert MP4 to MP3 using VLC Media Player, Windows Media Player and iTunes. Let us know which method worked best for you. If you have any questions about this article, feel free to write them in the comments section.
- How to add a cover to an MP3
- How to extract audio from video quickly and easily
- Best IPTV program for Windows PC 
- Come installare IPTV su Now TV Box?
- How to add custom ringtones to your iPhone