The move from physical CDs to digital formats such as MP3 has fundamentally changed the way we listen to music. However, one thing seems to have remained the same. Like on CDs, we still have our music organized by albums that have always had a cover. The cover is associated with the album. We, as listeners, tend to recognize the covers and feel more attached to the album if the album cover appeals to us. But with MP3s, it sometimes happens that there is no picture attached. Fortunately, this can be fixed and this article will tell you how.
How to add cover art to MP3 in Windows 10
When the great shift from physical to digital albums occurred, the most popular platform for Windows users to play an MP3 was Windows Media Player. This program is still available and works just as well on Windows 10. In addition to giving you a nostalgic feeling, it also gives you an easy option to add album art to an MP3.
- Find the MP3 you want to add a cover to and right click on it.
- A list with options will appear. Select "Open With".
- Select "Windows Media Player".
- When the music starts playing, the MP3 is added to the Windows Media Player library.
- Find the photo you want to add and right-click on it.
- Right click on the photo and select "Copy".
- Open Windows Media Player again.
- Click "Music" in the left menu.
- Right-click the MP3 you added to the library earlier.
- Select "Paste album cover".
How to add a cover to an MP3 on a Mac
While Windows users listened to digital music on Windows Media Player, Mac users did it on iTunes. In a few simple steps you can change the artwork of one or more songs.
- Open iTunes.
- Click "Songs" on the left side.
- Select one or more songs.
- Go to "Information" and then to "Artwork".
- Click "Add Artwork".
- Select an image and click "Open".
You can skip the last two steps by simply dragging the image into the drawing area.
How to add cover art to MP3 in Windows 7
The easiest way to add album art for Windows 7 is the same as for Windows 10, using Windows Media Player. The steps are:
- Right-click on the image you want to add.
- Click on "Copy".
- For Windows Media Player
- Find the album or song you want to edit and right-click on it
- Select "Paste album cover"
How to add a cover to an MP3 on Android
The transition from CDs to MP3s has also fundamentally changed the way we listen to music. Now you can listen to music anywhere from different devices. And since that time, we've started listening to music from our phones as we walk, run and move.
But how do you add an album cover if you are using an Android phone to play MP3 files?
First, you will need to download a free app from the Google Play Store called Album Art Grabber. The app allows you to add art covers automatically or manually.
- Open the Art Grabber album.
- Importa l'MP3.
- Tap the song.
- A “Choose image from” menu will appear. Select the import source for the image.
- Select the image you prefer.
How to add a cover to an MP3 on iPhone
Unfortunately, adding album art to an MP3 on an iPhone can't be done as fast as on Android phones. You'll need to launch the iTunes app on your Mac or PC to make any changes. To do so:
- Open iTunes from the desktop.
- Click on the menu on the top left.
- Go to "Music". And then "Library".
- Right-click on an album or song.
- Select "Album Information".
- Click on "Edit", then on "Artwork".
- Choose the “Add Artwork” option.
- Select the image you want and click "Open", then "OK".
- Now connect your iPhone via USB and select the device icon in the top left corner of the app.
- Go to "Settings" and then to "Music".
- Select "Sync Music" and "Entire Music Library".
- Click on "Apply" at the bottom right.
How to add cover art to MP3 without Windows Media Player
Besides Windows Media Player, there are a few other options for adding album art on Windows. One of them is Groove Music, which is the default music player for Windows 10. To add an album cover, follow these steps:
- Open rhythm music.
- Right-click the song to open a list of options.
- Select "Show album".
- Click on the three dots in the lower right corner.
- Select "Edit Information".
- Click the pen icon.
- Choose the image you want.
- Click "Save".
Another way is to add an album cover is to use VLC Media Player. It is free to download and one of the most popular media players among Windows, Mac and Linux users. The steps are as follows:
- Apri VLC Media Player.
- Import and MP3 file.
- Click on "Tools" in the upper left corner.
- Select "Multimedia Information".
- If there is already a cover, it will be visible at the bottom right; right click on it.
- Select "Add cover from file".
- Choose the photo you want.
- Click on "Close".
How to add cover art to MP3 on Mac without iTunes
Like Windows PCs, you can also add album art using VLC Media Player. The steps are the same as for a Windows PC.
For VLC media player:
- Apri VLC Media Player e importa i file MP3.
- Click on "Tools" in the upper left corner and select "Media Information" from the menu.
- If there is already a cover, it will be visible at the bottom right. Right click on the art.
- Select "Add cover from file".
- Choose the photo you want and click "Close" to save the changes.
For the GetAlbumArt online tool:
- Go to getalbumart.net.
- Drag and drop or browse for the MP3 you want to upload.
- Upload the photo.
- You will be redirected to a download page. Select the "Download" option.
How to convert MP4 to MP3 using VLC, Windows Media Player, iTunes
Adding album art to MP3 files is possible on both Windows and Mac and both Android and iPhone. Not only that, but you can do this in a couple of different but still relatively simple ways. Note that the steps may vary by Android phone, but the basic steps remain the same. Now you can give free rein to your creativity!
- How to add album art to YouTube Music
- How to add music to Instagram videos ... even to stories
- How to design and format an ebook using Google Docs
- How to add photos to TikTok
- How to add a WordPress page