There are a few ways to get free products from Amazon. You can get free stuff on Amazon in a variety of ways, even if you don't subscribe to Amazon Prime. You can get free stuff from Amazon in exchange for writing honest Amazon reviews. Third party websites and Facebook groups can also get you free and highly discounted Amazon products.
6 ways to get free products from Amazon
You probably don't need a lot of encouragement to shop on Amazon, but the promise of getting free products from Amazon isn't bad. In fact, there are many ways to get free products from the world's largest retailer, both directly from Amazon and its countless merchants.
1. Qualify for the Amazon Vine program
If you've never heard of Amazon Vine, don't worry - most people don't know about it. But if you enjoy writing product reviews on Amazon, you should be aware of Vine, which gives away grateful products to members in exchange for honest and accurate reviews.
Amazon describes Vine as a program where trusted users are encouraged to write new and preview product reviews to help other customers make informed decisions. Amazon provides Vine members with products for free and does not influence or allow Amazon sellers to influence reviews.
Amazon Vine is by invitation only; you can't even apply for consideration. But Amazon keeps an eye on the most prolific users and sometimes reaches out to them to offer them the opportunity to join the Vine program. You can find out what Amazon thinks about the Vine program and learn how to improve your reputation in the hope of being invited to the program.
2. Join the Early Review Program
Amazon has an early review program designed to advertise relatively new products with reviews so other customers can make a more informed purchase decision.
Unlike Vine, where select customers are invited to join a program and then products are sent for review, the Early Reviewer program asks people who have already purchased a product to write a review about it.
The program is designed to help generate honest and unbiased reviews for products that have few or no reviews. Amazon randomly selects customers who have recently purchased the product, filtering out anyone who has previously posted reviews that Amazon deems abusive or dishonest. Additionally, potentially biased customers as sellers and their friends and family are ineligible.
Early reviewers are rewarded with gift certificates (usually of small value, for example € 1- € 3) after the review is posted. Like the Vine program, you can't apply to participate - Amazon will contact you if they want to offer you the opportunity.
3. Join the Facebook groups
You can learn a lot about free (and highly discounted) offers outside of Amazon. There are several active Facebook groups, for example, some public, while others are private and require approval to join, which post a steady stream of stories on how to get free products from Amazon, as well as other shopping tips that allow you to save money. Facebook groups are a mixed bag, so proceed with caution. Facebook considers them a source of fake reviews and it is likely that many sellers who post on the platform are not entirely trustworthy.
4. Become a professional reviewer
If you are a prolific reviewer or enjoy sharing your product views with the world, you can follow the path of many other social media influencers and become a professional reviewer by sharing your opinion on platforms such as YouTube, Instagram or TikTok.
There are already many reputable and informative commentators online, and as your reputation (and follower count) increases, sellers can offer you free products in exchange for social media reviews.
This path is by no means guaranteed or straightforward; you will need a strong social media presence, time to invest in your channel, and the patience to work for free until you start grabbing the attention of sellers. As an added bonus, you can earn a small commission on any product purchased through your social media channel using Amazon's Affiliate Selling Program.
5. Find free products for anyone
In addition to the various review and giveaway programs, there is a more conventional path to getting free stuff on Amazon: retailer giveaways, given to everyone as a way to encourage you to become a loyal customer.
- Libri Kindle. Amazon makes thousands of Kindle books available to everyone for free. If you are an Amazon Prime member, you can download one free Kindle book per month in the Amazon First Reads program. But even if you're not a Prime member, go to the Kindle store, search for “free” and then use the like navigation tools on the left side of the page to order the free books you might like.
- Free Audible Audiobooks. While Audible is a subscription program that costs € 15 per month, you can sign up for a 30-day trial that gives you access to everything for free, along with a credit for a title that you can keep forever, even after the trial ends.
- Free music. If you are a Prime subscriber, you have access to Amazon Prime Music, which includes 2 million songs. But even if you're not a Prime member, you can download and listen to thousands of free songs on Amazon Music.
- Free cloud storage. Each Amazon customer gets 5GB of free cloud storage through Amazon Drive, where you can keep photos, videos and any other type of file.
- Amazon Prime free trial. If you haven't had a subscription for more than a year, you can get 30 days for free. This includes all the benefits of Prime, including free shipping and access to Prime Reading, Music, Videos, Amazon Photos, and more.
How to track an Amazon package
How to create an Amazon wish list
6. Try third party review sites
Like Facebook groups that connect Amazon customers with giveaways and offers, there are a handful of third-party websites dedicated to helping you find free Amazon products.
Most are based on the same general principle: You get free products in exchange for writing reviews on Amazon. And just like Facebook groups, you'll want to try them out with caution, as some Amazon sellers may want to trade unscrupulous products for purely positive reviews.
- These two Xiaomi are among the 5 best-selling products of Amazon
- How to cancel your Amazon account
- Today's offers on Amazon
- Amazon Echo Dot, we tell you everything
- How to watch Amazon Prime Video on Apple TV