Here, we'll show you several ways you can quickly and easily reduce the size of an image. Have you experienced the frustration of trying to send multiple JPEGs via email, only to be notified that your attachments are too large?
If you did, then this article is for you. We will walk you through several options that you can use to reduce the size of an image quickly and easily.
Convert HEIC into JPG
1. How to reduce image size using Microsoft Paint
Microsoft Paint is included with any Windows system, making it easy to use when you need to reduce your image file size. Microsoft Paint also offers basic graphics editing tools and the ability to open and save images in most standard formats. Follow the steps below to quickly reduce the size of your JPEG.
- Locate the image you want to resize, right-click and select Modification. This will open your image in Paint.
- In the card Home, click your Resize.
- In the Resize and Skew dialog box, select the check box Maintain proportions. This way, the resized image will have the same aspect ratio as the original image.
- If the box Maintain proportions is checked, you just need to enter the value Horizontal (width) o Vertical (height). The other box in the sizing area is automatically updated.
- Select if you want to shrink the image by Percentage o pixel.
- Enter a percentage or pixel value to reduce the width in the box Horizontal or enter a percentage or pixel value to reduce the height in the box Vertical.
- Do click su OK.
- Select Fillet > Save with name. Select a file format for your image.
- Enter a file name and select Save.
How to convert HEIC to JPG on iPhone
2. How to reduce the size of a photo using the preview
Every Mac with OS X or later has a version of Preview installed. Preview is an image and PDF viewer. In addition to allowing you to view and print images and PDF files, it can also edit these image formats.
It's a quick and easy way to reduce the image size. Follow the steps below to resize the image using Preview.
- Open the image in Preview launching Preview in the Applications folder. Alternatively, you can select Ctrl as you click on the image, then choose apri > Preview.
- Under the option Instruments on the menu bar, choose Adjust size.
- In the Image Size pop-up window, select whether you want the adjustments to be made based on Percentage o Dimension.
- Adjust the width / height and resolution. When you change these values, the resulting Size section will tell you exactly how big your new file will be.
- By clicking on OK, you will be able to see what the resized image looks like.
- Select Fillet > Save with name to create a new copy of your JPEG.
- Enter a filename for your image and do click su Save.
3. How to reduce the image size using the Image Size app
Image Size app allows you to resize an image to your desired size. You can specify the output format using pixels, millimeters, centimeters, or inches. It also allows you to preserve the aspect ratio of the image if necessary.
This app gives you the ability to save, email, print or share the final image. Follow the steps below to start resizing photos on your iOS device.
Download: Image Size for iOS (free, in-app purchases available)
- Download and install the Image Size app on your device.
- Open an image using the icon Gallery or take a photo using the icon Camera.
- Select Select to confirm the choice of the image.
- Enter the desired output size in the boxes Width e Height.
- If you want to keep the aspect ratio, select the chain found between Width e Height. You can also change your units of measure to suit your needs. Below the image, you will see the original size versus the new image size.
- Once you have the correct image size, you can select if you want save, print, send o share the image.
4. How to reduce the size of an image using Photo & Picture Resizer
If you want to quickly resize photos on your Android device, Photo & Picture Resizer is a great choice. This app allows you to easily reduce image size without losing quality. There is no need to manually save the resized images, as they are automatically saved in a separate folder for you.
Download: Photo & Picture Resizer for Android (Free, in-app purchases available)
- Download and install the Photo & Picture Resizer app on your device.
- Open an image using the button Select photos or take a photo using the button Take a photo.
- Select one or more images you want to resize.
- Select one of the size options in the window Select size. You can select the option custom, however, it is recommended that you select one of the recommended dimension adjustments.
- The newly resized images are automatically saved in the Images / PhotoResizer folder. You can now select whether you want to email your image or share it on one of the many online platforms.
5. How to reduce the size of a photo using Shutterstock's online image resizer
Shutterstock's Free Image Resizer is one of many websites that will help you resize your images. The best part is that you can easily access it from your browser. Follow the steps below to resize your images in seconds.
- Open Shutterstock's Image Resizer.
- Upload your image or drag it into the box Step one.
- Select the image size you prefer. You can use the preset size or provide custom size.
- Select Download to save the file to your computer.
Simplified image resizing
You now have several quick and easy ways to resize your images for emailing or uploading, regardless of your platform or device.
Each of these methods has its advantages, depending on your workflow and the platforms you use. Choose the one that works for you and start sharing those images!
- Unable to open JPG files on Windows 10 and Windows 11, 6 solutions
- 4 ways to convert PDF to PNG on iPhone
- How to resize a photo, all methods
- How to reduce PDF file size without losing quality on Mac
- Best launchers for Android - March 2022