Typically, when you receive a call on your phone, you slide your finger across the screen to answer. But sometimes that doesn't happen. While the user can see who is calling, answering or rejecting a call is not possible. This can be frustrating. Don't worry though. In this post, we will tell you how to fix incoming calls problem on your Android phone.
Being unable to answer calls can be frustrating. While for some users, the phone freezes and hangs just when receiving a call, others "can" answer calls, but not answer the call. Spooky but not a big deal. You can easily fix it with the solutions mentioned below.
1. Restart your phone
If this is a new problem and it happened for the first time, start by restarting the phone. Sometimes, this is enough to solve any problem on the phone, including the one related to the inability to answer calls.
2. Answer correctly
Android phones allow you to answer calls in several ways. On some devices, you have to swipe up on the answer (or green) button, while others swipe you to the right. Try both methods.
If you have a Samsung phone, things are a little different. Previously, you could tap the answer (or green) button to accept the call. But the functionality has been removed now. So if you're trying to answer the call the same way, that's incorrect. You will need to swipe up on the green button.
In case you want to restore the Tap to Answer feature, you can do so by going to Settings on your Samsung phone. Then, go to Accessibility> Interaction and Dexterity> Assistant Menu. Toggle the switch next to off on the next screen. Then, you will find the Single tap to swipe option. Enable it. Now you can answer calls with just one tap.
Even if you get the feature, enabling the Assistant menu has a drawback as it adds a floating menu icon. To hide it, increase the Transparency of the menu in the settings. Alternatively, long-tap the floating icon and drag it to the Hide button that appears. It will then remain in the notification panel.
3. Remove the SIM card
While this type of problem is usually related to your Android phone, you should try removing the SIM card from the phone to fix any network issues. After removing it, wipe the SIM tray and SIM card with a cloth, then insert it again.
4. Turn airplane mode on and off
Another way to fix it is to enable airplane mode. This will limit the network connectivity on the phone and fix the network related problem. To enable Airplane Mode, open Quick Settings and tap Airplane Mode to enable it. Once enabled, wait a minute and then disable it.
5. Clear the cache and data for the Phone app
Clearing the cache and data for the Phone app proved to be beneficial for many Android users who were facing the same problems. Don't worry, clearing the cache or clearing the Phone app data won't delete any of your personal data. Your files, contacts and even call history will remain intact.
To clear the cache and clear data for the Phone app, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings on your Android phone and go to Apps and notifications or Apps.
- Tap the Phone app pre-installed on your phone under All apps.
- Tap Storage. Then, tap Clear Cache first. Restart your phone. If the problem persists, tap Clear data or Clear memory depending on the option available on your phone.
On phones running Android 7.1 Nougat and later, you can long-tap the Phone app icon on your home screen or app drawer to view app shortcuts. Then, tap the “i” icon or app information. You will be taken directly to step 3 mentioned above. Tap Storage followed by Clear cache.
6. Update the Phone app
Sometimes, the problem is with the app itself. The developers quickly release an update that fixes the call issue. You should open the Play Store and update the Phone app.
7. You are using a third-party calling app
Do you use a third-party calling app or dialer on your phone? This could interfere with the calling functionality on the phone. Disable it for a while or make the pre-installed dialer app your default phone calling app.
- For this, open Settings on your phone and go to Apps. Tap Default apps. If the option isn't visible, tap the three-dot icon at the top and select Default apps.
- Tap the Phone app and select the system default phone app. You should also take a look at setting up the Caller ID and Spam app. Select the system app or choose None.
8. Check the theme
If you use themes on your Android phone, switch to the default theme to test the incoming call. Sometimes, the reply and reject buttons are reversed in a theme or don't work at all. To fix, you'll need to disable the custom theme and use the system default theme.
9. Reset the app preferences
If the problem persists, reset the app preferences on your phone. This will not delete any data but will restore the settings to their default values, thus resolving any problems that may interfere with incoming calls.
- To reset app preferences, open Settings on your phone and go to Apps. Tap the three-dot icon at the top and select Reset app preferences.
Suggestion: if you can't find the Reset app preferences option, go to Settings> System> Reset options> Reset app preferences.
Alternative way to answer calls
If the soft buttons do not allow you to answer calls, you can use the hardware buttons to answer the calls. While the power key allows you to hang up the call, the volume up key can be used to answer calls. The latter feature is limited to only some phones.
- To enable the physical buttons, go to Settings> Accessibility. You will find the required options. Alternatively, open the Settings for the Phone app. Then, go to Answer and End Calls. Enable the required buttons.
We hope that one of the methods above helped you answer incoming calls. If you are still unable to answer incoming calls, check the block list and do not disturb mode. You should also check the screen where the reply and reject buttons are located. It could be a display issue if other apps are also not working in the requested location.
- 8 solutions for when missed call notification doesn't show up on Android
- How to receive and make calls from your PC
- How to transfer calls with iPhone
- How to forward calls on Huawei and Honor devices
- How to make and answer calls with Amazon Echo
- how to make heart with the phone keypad
- fall guys how to play with 2 or more players
- how to disconnect spotify from alexa
- dazn error let s see how to solve it together
- cyberpunk 2077 guide to the endings secret ending all the choices to be made
- download microsoft office 2022 for free
- cuphead the complete guide
- create gmail account without phone number 5 methods
- How to change Country on Google Play Store: 5 Solutions (2022)