If you have blocked people on Facebook, Messenger, Instagram or WhatsApp and want to unblock them, in this guide we will explain how to unblock them.
How to unblock someone on Facebook
You can unblock someone from your Facebook account in two ways: the Facebook website and the Facebook mobile app. We will explain step by step how to unblock someone after blocking them on Facebook using both methods.
How to unblock someone using the Facebook website
- Go to the Facebook site.
- Select the small arrow icon at the bottom in the upper right corner of the screen and select Settings and privacy from the drop-down menu.
- Select Settings from the submenu to access the Facebook settings.
- Select the section Block from the left column. In the right pane you will find the list of blocked in the section Block users . Select Unlock to unblock a blocked user.
Note that if you unblock someone, you cannot block them again for another 48 hours. However, after 48 hours, you can simply revisit the section Block , enter the name of a Facebook user in the column Block users and select the button Block to block someone again.
How to unblock someone using the Facebook app
- Launch the Facebook app on your phone and select the three horizontal lines in the top right corner (or bottom right corner if you're using iPhone).
- Select Settings and privacy > Settings .
- Select Block from the section Audience and visibility .
- You will find the list of blocked people here. Select the button Unlock next to a Facebook profile you want to unblock and select Confirmation to proceed. You can't re-block someone after unblocking them for 48 hours, so keep that in mind.
If you are an iOS user, the user interface and process are more or less the same as the Facebook Android app.
How to unblock someone on Messenger
You can also simply block someone from texting you on Facebook Messenger, instead of completely blocking their profile. If you have blocked someone from texting you and you want to unblock them, there are two methods of doing so: using the website and the Messenger mobile app.
How to unblock someone on Messenger from the website
- Go to the Facebook site.
- Select the down arrow at the top right and select Settings and privacy > Settings .
- Select Block from the left side of the screen. On the right side, look for the name of the person you want to unblock from Messenger and select the button Unlock next to his name.
- When prompted for confirmation, select the Confirm button.
How to unblock someone on Messenger from the mobile app
- Start Facebook Messenger and select your display image in the upper left corner.
- Select Privacy from the section Pref Renze .
- Select a user's profile from the list. The list will also contain people you've blocked entirely on Facebook.
- Select Unblock messages and calls . When prompted for confirmation, select the button Confirmation . Note that if you've blocked them completely, you'll need to unblock them on Facebook first.
How to unblock someone on Instagram
When you block someone, Instagram won't send any notifications. However, blocking an Instagram profile will actually result in unfollowing it as well, and there are ways to see who has unfollowed you on Instagram.
So, if you've blocked someone and want to unblock them before they find out, there are two ways to unblock someone on Instagram: from their profile and from your account settings.
How to unblock someone on Instagram from their profile
- Go to the Instagram profile of the blocked person. You will be able to search for them even if they are blocked.
- Instead of the button Follow o Stop it to follow, you will see the button Unlock .
- Select the button Unlock and confirm it by selecting Unlock .
How to unblock someone on Instagram from account settings
- Select your display image on the Instagram home screen on the bottom right.
- You will land on your profile page. Now, select the three vertical lines at the top right.
- Toccata Settings .
- Select Privacy.
- Select Accounts blocked .
- You'll see a list of people you've blocked on Instagram and tap the button Unlock next to the profiles you want to unblock. When prompted, select Unlock .
How to unblock someone on WhatsApp
Since you don't need to add someone as a friend or follow someone on WhatsApp, blocking or unblocking doesn't send or notify you or require you to add them as a friend when you unblock them.
- Start WhatsApp and select the ellipsis in the top right corner. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select Account > Privacy > Contacts blocked .
- Find the person or phone number you want to unblock and press and hold on that contact. This will display the button Unlock . Select it and this will unlock the contact.
Unblocking users on Facebook, Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp is quite simple. However, it's best to use the block option carefully because while no platform will send an explicit notification that you've unblocked someone, you'll still have to add them again or follow them again, except in the case of WhatsApp.