How to unblock someone on Instagram. Let's take a look at how blocking people on Instagram works and how to unblock people on Instagram on both the web and mobile devices.
How to unblock someone on Instagram
How does blocking / unblocking work on Instagram?
When you block a user on Instagram, you prevent them from being able to:
- View your posts and stories
- To find you using the search tool
- Contact you via private message
- Follow us (when you block someone, they automatically mislead you)
The contents of the accounts you have blocked will be hidden. Any posts you liked from that profile will be hidden until you unblock that user again, at which point they will come back. Remember: if you block a user but leave your account public, to see your posts again, simply log out of Instagram.
To change your account privacy settings:
- On iOS and Android: tap the profile card, then tap the three-dot menu icon. From here select Privacy account and activate the option Private account .
- On the Web: log in and click the profile icon in the upper left corner. Click the Settings icon (the one that looks like a gear), then select Privacy and security and activate the option Private account
When you unblock someone, they will be able to view your posts and stories, find you again, and send you messages. However, they won't automatically follow you, so you'll need to notify them if you want them to.
How to unblock on Instagram using iPhone or Android
If you know the name of the account you blocked, first search for the account using the search bar. Tap the name to bring up the profile, then tap the three-dot menu icon in the corner of the screen. You choose Unlock give the menu that appears.
You will be asked to confirm your decision, press Unlock to do it. Depending on your device and the current version of the app, you may also be able to press the blue button Unblock on the profile page.
How to unblock someone on Instagram using the web
While using the web version of Instagram, search for the user you want to unblock. Their name may appear lower in search results than other similar account names. If you know their exact name, you can go to instagram.com/username (replacing the username with the account username).
Now you can click the account menu button the three dots, then select Unblock this user or click the blue button Unblock great . You will be asked to confirm your decision, press Unlock to do it.
How to see a list of Instagram users you have blocked
If you can't remember a user's name, or just want to review your block list, you can do so from an iOS or Android device. There is still no way to access your blocklist from the web.
Launch Instagram and select your profile tab. Tap the three-dot menu button in the top corner, then choose Accounts blocked . Tap an account to view it, then unlock it by following the instructions above.
How to unblock someone who has also blocked you
The old "double lock" makes it harder to unblock someone, but there are a few ways around it. This works best if you know the account name, assuming the name hasn't changed:
- Write a new direct message to yourself, include the @ username of the account you want to unblock in the body of the message. Once submitted, tap on the username and unlock it as normal.
- Sign in using a web browser on, then type instagram.com/ username , replacing the username with the name of the account you want to unlock. When you see the profile, unlock it normally