How to block whatsapp on stolen phone is possible just follow this simple procedure that will deactivate your account.
In the unfortunate event that your phone is stolen or lost, whatsapp can help you make sure that no one can use your WhatsApp account.
Call your mobile carrier as soon as possible for lock the SIM card. At that point, you won't be able to re-verify your account on that phone as you need to be able to receive SMS or phone calls to verify an account.
After locking the SIM of your stolen phone, you can use a new SIM with the same number to activate WhatsApp in your new phone. This is the fastest way to deactivate your account on the stolen phone. WhatsApp can only be activated on one phone number and on one device at a time.
If you are not ready to activate WhatsApp on a new phone because you have not yet filed a complaint and blocked the Sim and had a new one with the same number, Whastapp itself can deactivate your account.
with the phrase Lost / Stolen: Deactivation of my account in the body of the email e include the phone number in the full international format as described .
Important: Even with the SIM card locked and the phone service disabled, WhatsApp can be used via Wi-Fi connection if you don't contact Whatsapp.
- When the account is disabled, it is not completely deleted.
- When your account is deactivated:
- Your name is still visible if your contacts are looking for you.
- Contacts can send you messages, which will remain in a pending state for up to 30 days.
- If you reactivate your account before it is deleted, you will receive pending messages and will still participate in all group chats.
- If a deactivated account is not reactivated within 30 days, it will be completely deleted.
Note: Since the chat history is stored on the device, it will not be possible to retrieve previous messages.
on our website in the dedicated section.