With Reels, you can create short videos, similar to TikTok. Recently, Instagram added another TikTok-like feature to its app, called Instagram Remix. This allows you to upload a video alongside another user's video, such as a collaboration video. Here we give you a complete guide on how to use Instagram Reels with Remix.
- Open the Instagram Reels video you want to remix. You can open it from the Reels tab or from a user's profile.
- Tap the three-dot menu in the lower right corner and choose the “Remix This Reel” option from the list of options.
- There are two options for remixing a video on reel: record a new video and choose an already recorded video as a response.
- Also, you can add effects, timers, touch-ups and other tools available for use while recording your video.
- Once you're done remixing tap the Next button and share the post.
You can manually enable and allow people to remix your older videos.
- Open one of your old Instagram video reels that you want available for remixing.
- Tap the three-dot menu in the lower right corner and simply select “Enable remix”.
Likewise, you can follow the same steps and disable remixing for individual reels. From the three-dot menu, select the “Disable remix” button.
Instagram also allows you to permanently disable the Instagram Remix feature for your profile.
- Open your profile page and tap on the hamburger menu located in the top right corner.
- Go to “Settings -> Privacy”.
- Tap Reels and disable the “Enable Remixing” option. This will disable the remix feature for your profile and all Reels on your Instagram.