Making changes to your Facebook page is easy. Read on to learn how to change your username or URL.
If you are the administrator of a Facebook page then it is possible to change your username. There are many reasons why you might want to do this; maybe you've renamed the page and need a new username to match its new usage, or maybe you just want to update the username to match your other social media handles.
Whatever the reason, this article will teach you how to change your Facebook Page username so that people can find and interact with you more easily on Facebook.
Each Facebook page you create can have a display name and username. Your Display Name is the name other Facebook users can see when they click on your page. Meanwhile, the username is the unique handle of your page.
Several pages can share the same display name. However, when it comes to usernames, they are assigned to all unique ones. A good username makes it easier for users to find your page and is also part of the page URL.
If you have renamed or changed the names, you can also update your page username to reflect this change. Read on to find out how to change your page username.
How to change your Facebook page username
Facebook doesn't support changing usernames on its mobile app, so we'll be using its web version for this tutorial.
After logging in on the browser:
- Go to the page whose username you want to change.
- Scroll down the left sidebar and click Settings.
- Next, you will need to click Information on the page in the left sidebar.
- Once you've completed the above steps, enter your preferred username in the field Username.
- After entering your username, click a blank space on the page to apply the changes.
- Facebook will instantly update your page's username and change its URL from facebook.com/OldUsername a facebook.com/NewUsername.
What you do after changing your page username depends on how you used it. If you previously added links to it on your website or elsewhere online, you will need to replace the old links with the new one bearing your new username.
If it's a new page or one you haven't used that much, then you're good to go. Or better yet, you can look into other ways to further customize the page.