Focusing too much on likes can negatively impact your Facebook experience. Fortunately, you can hide them from your posts.
Since May 2021, Facebook allows users to hide the number of reactions to their posts. You can also hide the total number of reactions to other users' posts in the feed, groups, and pages of your home page.
Facebook's new reaction preference settings allow you to hide the number of reactions on your posts and other users' posts.
If you hide the number of reactions to posts from other Facebook users, you won't see these counts in your Facebook news feed, pages and groups. This setting will also affect ads that appear in the News section and other places. However, this isn't a silver bullet for hiding reaction counts across Facebook.
You will continue to see reaction counts in other places, such as content in the Facebook Marketplace section. And if someone wants to do the count manually, he can do it.
In this article, you'll learn how to hide likes on your Facebook posts and how to stop seeing other people's like counts.
How to hide likes on Facebook posts
You can hide the likes on your Facebook posts via the mobile app or on the desktop. Below, you'll find out how to do both.
From mobile app
To hide the number of reactions on your posts, follow these steps.
- Touch the icon of menu (the three horizontal lines) at the top right of the screen (Android) or at the bottom of the screen (iPhone and iPad).
- Scroll down and press Settings and privacy .
- Select Settings .
- Scroll down to News section settings and select Reaction preferences. This will take you to the Reactions preferences settings page. From here, you can disable the reaction count on your posts, other user's posts, or both.
- Toggle the slider next to on or off In other people's posts to hide the total number of reactions on other user's Facebook posts. To hide the number of reactions on your posts, turn the slider adjacent to on or off In your posts .
Hide the Facebook reaction count on the web
If you log into Facebook through a browser using your PC, Mac, or mobile device, follow these steps instead.
- Select the down arrow in the top right corner.
- Select Settings and Privacy on the next page.
- Go to News section settings > Reaction preferences.
- Activate the sliders next to In other people's posts o In your posts or both.
- Your new settings are automatically saved.