This article will show you how to use the archive feature to hide such posts from prying eyes on Facebook.
If you're like most people, then you probably have Facebook posts, especially photos, that you don't want to delete but at the same time you don't want people to look at.
Archived posts will only be accessible via your Archive page and others will not be able to see them. You can always restore an archived post at any time in the future.
How the archiving function on Facebook works
The archive feature is a tool you can use to hide posts that you no longer want to show on your profile. The archiving function is available on the Facebook app and the web version.
Only you can see the posts in your archive and restore them to your profile at any time. Archiving your posts may not protect them in the event of a data breach, but it can help keep them out of prying eyes.
You can also choose to move posts from your archive to the trash, where they will be automatically deleted after 30 days.
How to hide Facebook posts with the archive feature
Depending on the number of posts you want to hide, you can choose between single post archiving or bulk archiving.
This guide will show you how to do both.
How to archive a single post on Facebook
Follow the steps below to archive a post on Facebook.
- Launch the Facebook app on your device.
- Go to your profile and then scroll to the post you want to hide. You can only archive a post from your history, so you may have to scroll through for a while if the post is an old post.
- Touch the ellipsis (three dots) in the inbox.
- Select Move to archive .
This will immediately remove the post from your history and you will only be able to access it through the archive folder.
How to archive Facebook posts in bulk
Here's how you can archive multiple posts at once:
- Go to your profile.
- Tap the button with ellipsis under your profile picture.
- Select Registro atasità .
- Toccata Manage your posts .
- Select all the posts you want to archive, then tap Archive .
This will immediately move the posts to your archive.
How to restore posts archived on Facebook
Here's how to restore posts archived on Facebook:
- Tap the button with ellipsis on your profile.
- Select archive .
- Check the posts you want to restore.
- Toccata Restore .
- Confirm that you want to restore by tapping Restore .
The process is very similar in the web version of Facebook - look for the ellipsis and the corresponding action.