You have more than friends on Facebook, you also have followers. Here's how to check who follows you on the social media site.
You may have a lot of friends on Facebook. But your Facebook followers are your true fans.
If you're interested in getting more followers on Facebook as much as you enjoy growing friends, then you might want to see who follows you on Facebook.
You can easily do this on the desktop or mobile app. Here's how to find out how many followers you have on Facebook.
How to see your Facebook followers on desktop
While you can see your Facebook followers on the web version of Facebook, you can't see how the total number for how many people follow you. However, the Facebook mobile app allows you to easily view this statistic.
If you want to see who follows you on Facebook, here's what to do if you're using the browser version.
First, log into your Facebook account via your web browser and follow these steps:
- Once logged in, click on your name in the sidebar to open your profile.
- In the Profile menu, click Friends .
- In the section Friends , click the drop-down menu Other to the right.
- From the drop-down list, select follower to view all your Facebook followers.
How to see who follows you on Facebook (mobile)
As we stated earlier, the Facebook mobile app allows you to access your follower list and see the number of people following you on Facebook.
To check how many followers you have and see who is following you, follow these steps:
- Touch the icon della your profile picture in the upper left corner of the home page to upload your profile.
- In the profile menu, tap View your information on .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. So, in follower , touch See more to upload a list of all your Facebook followers.
- Look at the top right corner of the page (in front of the follower ) to see the number of people following you on Facebook.
Can't see your followers on Facebook? Here because
If you've tried to view your Facebook followers on the mobile app but can't see them, your mobile app may be out of date. Make sure you go to the App Store or Play Store to update it.
Also, you won't have the ability to check your Facebook followers if you don't have any. As a result, following the steps above won't allow you to check your followers, as there aren't any.
You might not even get this option if your Facebook account is new, as you probably don't have any followers yet. Or you may need to switch to another Facebook account.
Another possible reason is that your account may not be set up to allow people to follow you on Facebook - we'll explain how to change this setting below.
How to give the public access to follow you on Facebook
Sometimes, if you've blocked your audience from following you, you limit your chances of getting more followers on Facebook.
This is because people who are not on your friends list cannot follow you on Facebook if you have this setting in place. However, you can set your follow preference as “Public” so that anyone can follow you, rather than just your friends.
To do this on the desktop:
- Go to your profile.
- Click Account drop-down round icon in the upper right corner of the menu bar.
- From the list, select Settings and privacy .
- click on Settings .
- From the Settings menu sidebar, click Privacy .
- Select Public posts from the sidebar.
- Look to the right of the option Who can follow me and click on the drop-down menu Friends .
- Select Public to allow anyone to follow you, including those who are not your Facebook friends.
To do this on the Facebook mobile app:
- Open the Facebook mobile app and tap the picture icon at the top left to open your profile.
- Touch the three horizontal points immediately to the right of Edit profile (under your name).
- Select Follow the settings .
- In Who can follow me , select Public .