The last online tournament before Sora arrives in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is based on explosive tools: let's take the opportunity to talk about it
The last obstacle with which to wait for Sora's arrival is a online tournament which emphasizes how much the situation in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is about to become explosive. After promoting Metroid Dread with a thematic skimming in the Spirit Board, this time the "Playing with fire"Will focus on explosive tools. The competition is distinguished from "Eye that explodes!" as this time we will not focus on the characters with bombs, but on those that we will find in the field for the duration of the clashes. You already know what it means: ours guide earn an extra supplement!
Why know the bombs
Improvising yourself as a master blaster will not only serve you in this online tournament, but in all the games with tools you will play in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. As the in-game event “Explosive Party” in Melee on Nintendo GameCube reminds us, in fact, the explosions boast the distinction of cause the most violent damage in every chapter of Smash. In fact, there is talk not only of an increase in the dammeter, but also of a high throwing power. The bombs don't give you much time to react, and it's good to get to know them all before joining the fray. Here are the bombs in question.
- Bob-Omba: coming from Super Mario and present since the very first Smash. It stays in place when it appears, but if not picked up (A) it walks back and forth on its own. It works best when thrown, but holding it for too long makes it a double-edged sword.
- Capsule: Original tool that debuted in the first Smash, the Capsule normally contains tools but can explode with a 12,5% chance.
- Proximity bomb: coming from GoldenEye 007 but renamed for reasons of rights, and also present from the first Smash. It is a mine that can be placed on the ground and explodes on contact. It can be detonated with a ranged attack.
- Mistletoe bomb: original tool first seen in Brawl. It adheres to any surface or character it is thrown on, and then explodes. Contact with other characters starts a continuous hot potato game.
- Radioguidata pump: coming from the first Star Fox, this bomb debuted in Brawl. Once launched, it generates an explosion that traps opponents, dealing continuous damage before flinging them away. It may happen that it does not explode immediately on launch.
- Explosive chest: instrument born in Brawl. Can be picked up and thrown; taking a certain number of hits, it explodes. The fiery attacks, as is to be expected, detonate it immediately.
- Radiomin: instrument from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and present from the fourth Smash onwards. Once placed on the ground, it travels the surface it is on and explodes upon first contact with a fighter.
- Hocotate Bomb: inspired by Pikmin's shuttle, this missile made its debut in the fourth Smash. Once placed on the ground, it takes off and then crashes to the ground on the same spot causing… well, you can imagine.
- Bomb X: Kid Icarus Uprising's device, integrated in the fourth Smash, stands out in the fact that it does not cause an actual explosion. On the contrary, depending on how it touches the ground, once bounced it places itself in midair and generates a cross of fire that can be diagonal or not. Those involved are held back, damaged and then thrown as with the radio-guided bomb.
- Fake Smash Ball: tool born in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Recognizable by the different width of the lines (the real one boasts a thinner horizontal line and a thicker vertical line), the instrument hits those who hit it by mistake with a colossal explosion. Protagonist of the event Feint with Smash Ball of August 2020.
- Banana gun: tool born in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The bullet explodes on impact. Once used, the gun turns into a banana peel.
- Bomber: Kirby's tool introduced in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Walk back and forth and explode if it falls off an edge. Once collected, pressing A can be used to trigger a devastating explosion. Protagonist of the tournament Either he goes or breaks it.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's explosive online tournament
Keep in mind what we just told you: in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate online tournament, in reality, only one of these tools will appear. Contrary to what the image used to promote the event suggests, in fact, they will only appear in the tournament Smash ball e Explosive chest. The dances will open the day after tomorrow, Friday October 15, at eight in the morning. Everything will then end at the same time on Monday 18. Le rules they include two and a half minute timed melees, with the Final Smash Bar active and tools present in abundance.
Before you go…
Yes, we will close the news with a "last gem" in the style of Nintendo Direct. If you are registered on Nintendo Switch Online (and… you should, if you want to participate in the tournament…), in fact, you will be entitled to the content package which you can see in the in-game notification we included above. It is about three thousand spirit points and 30 snacks of category L (ie "Large"). You can use them for boost up the Spirits in your possession. If you want to know more, we refer you to the guide on this subject that we have included talking about the weekend event entitled "Rhythm".
Now it's up to you to tell us yours: what do you think of this event? Did the guide help you? Let us know below, and as always don't forget to stay on Holygamerz for all the most important news for gamers and more. For your purely gaming needs, you can instead find the best discounts in digital format on Instant Gaming.