Pokémon: Let's Go allows a second person to join the game and play with you at the same time. This is a new feature for the saga. In this guide we explain how to play in two: it's simple, even if there are some details to specify.
When you see a green icon at the bottom right of the screen, the second player must shake their Joy-Con or Poké Ball Plus. This possibility is activated only after obtaining the Pokédex. You can see the symbol in the image below.
However, there are a number of details to know:
- The second player will always appear in the opposite gender from your character.
- The second player cannot interact with Pokémon, NPCs and cannot collect items. It will go through the Pokémon.
- Your friend will have a Pokémon that follows him, which is the second on your team's list.
- This Pokémon will be the one used by the second player in battle.
- In two player mode, you and your friend fight two on one.
- When catching a Pokémon, if both players throw their Poké Ball at the same time, they get an extra bonus to the catch combo and a special animation will be performed, demonstrating the success of the "double" catch.
- There is no save data related to the second player: it is a drop-in cooperative and anyone can do it at any time (it being understood that there must be a green dot, as mentioned above).
Read also: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee Review, the return to Kanto
To take out the second player, simply shake his Joy-Con. If not done, the character will continue to be teleported by the first player if he strays too far. Tell us: do you already have someone in mind to help you fight and catch Pokémon?
The Value of Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! doubles with the possibility of playing in two, don't you think?