In this new guide on Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War we will tell you in detail about all the unlockable weapons in the game
After a long wait Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War, the new FPS of Treyarch e Raven Studios, is finally available. If you are a shooter lover for sure you will be eager to start the game and try it for yourself, but before playing multiplayer you may prefer take a look at the new features introduced with this new chapter.
To be able to beat your opponents online you must first familiarize yourself with the basics of the title and the most important element to master are obviously the weapons, for this reason we have decided to write this guide, in which we will tell you in detail about all the unlockable weapons in Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War.
Many different styles
Like any self-respecting COD, Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War delivers to players a wide choice. In total in the multiplayer mode of the title are available well 27 weapons belonging to different categories. There are pistols, assault rifles, submachine guns, shotguns and so on. To find the weapon that suits your style of play it is essential to be able to win, so we suggest you try them all at least once.
However, not all firearms will be available immediately, since to unlock some of them you will have to reach a certain level. For this reason, in our guide you will find the Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War weapons ordered not only by category, but also by level. In this way you will be able to immediately understand when you can use a given weapon.
Assault Rifles - Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War: Weapons Guide
Let's start our Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War weapons guide right away by talking about the assault rifles. Assault rifles are weapons indeed very versatile, able to easily eliminate opponents from medium-long distance. The weapons belonging to this category are among the most used in COD and for sure many longtime fans will be looking forward to trying them in this new chapter as well. Below you will find a list with all assault rifles in the game:
- XM4 (level 1)
- The XM4 assault rifle is one of the most balanced weapons in the game. With a good rate of fire and not excessive recoil, this shotgun is the perfect choice for medium range combat.
- War 6 (level 7)
- The Krig 6 is an assault rifle that deals less damage than its direct competitors, but manages to compensate thanks to very high accuracy. With this weapon you will have no problem landing a lot of shots in a mid-long range burst, so it is perfect for those who prefer to stay away from the chaos of battle.
- AK-47 (level 16)
- Now let's move on to one of the most famous weapons in the world, the AK-47. This Kalashnikov is the assault rifle that deals the most damage ever in the game, but unfortunately suffers from very poor accuracy. From medium-short distance certainly no opponent will be able to resist you, as long as you manage to land a good number of hits.
- QBZ-83 (level 31)
- Of all the assault rifles on the list, the QBZ-83 is probably one of the worst. This weapon has comparable recoil to that of the AK-47, but offers far less damage. Its main advantage is the speed with which it is possible to aim, but unfortunately this is not enough to make all its defects disappear.
- FFAR 1 (livello 40)
- If you used to use the FAMAS in old CODs, then you will feel safe at home with the new FFAR 1. This weapon offers very high rate of fire and reload speed, therefore it will allow you to handle multiple threats very easily. The only flaw lies in its great recoil, since to inflict serious damage you will be forced to engage enemies from very close.
Submachine guns - Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War: weapons guide
Let's move on now to the machine guns, another of the most popular weapon categories for COD players. Compared to assault rifles, these weapons boast higher rate of fire and mobilitywhile giving up some damage and precision. If you love fast fights from the short distancethen these weapons are more than perfect for you. Below you will find a list with all machine guns in the game:
- MP5 (level 1)
- The MP5 is one of the most loved submachine guns in Call of Duty history. With a high rate of fire, high ergonomics and good damage, this weapon is the perfect choice for anyone looking forward to joining the fray.
- Milan 821 (level 13)
- Compared to other SMGs, the Milano 821 does much higher damage, but unfortunately it has to forgo its rate of fire and accuracy. This weapon is very useful for eliminating opponents point-blank with a few hits, but it could be quite inconvenient to use in other situations.
- AK-74u (level 19)
- Now let's move on to another of the most loved weapons by gamers: the AK-74u. This weapon offers fairly high damage and good accuracy from medium range, but suffers a little when it comes to rate of fire. If you are looking for something that is somewhere between an assault rifle and a submachine gun, then the AK-74u is perfect for you.
- KSP 45 (livello 37)
- When someone thinks of an SMG, for sure they always imagine a weapon with a high rate of fire but this is not the case, the KSP 45 is in fact a particular submachine gun capable of firing in bursts. Despite the high damage dealt by this weapon, the burst loses much of its power from long range and is therefore more suited to close quarters.
- Bullfrog (livello 43)
- The Bullfrog is a viable alternative to the AK-74u. This SMG offers very good damage and range, but suffers a little when it comes to accuracy. Fortunately, however, it manages to compensate thanks to its very large magazine, which will allow you to fire a good dose of extra rounds before having to reload.
Tactical Shotguns - Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War: Weapons Guide
We continue our Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War weapons guide by talking about the tactical rifles. Weapons belonging to this category boast damage and very high accuracy, but they often sin when it comes to ammunition and ergonomics. Below you will find a list with all tactical rifles in the game:
- Type 63 (livello 1)
- The Type 63 is a single-shot rifle with a fairly high rate of fire for its class. With excellent accuracy and a very high DPS, this weapon is the perfect choice for those aiming to safely eliminate opponents with just a few shots.
- M16 (level 10)
- For sure everyone knows the M16, one of the most loved shotguns by the US military. This variant can only fire three-shot bursts, making it excellent for easily taking out medium to long range targets.
- AUG (level 28)
- The AUG is another of the most popular weapons for gamers, since it is the protagonist of many different FPSs. This assault rifle features an iconic integrated 1.5X sight which, combined with very high damage and accuracy, make this weapon a great alternative to the M16.
- DMR 14 (level 49)
- The DMR 14 is one of the best weapons for hitting targets multiple times from long range, as it offers unprecedented accuracy and rate of fire. The damage is also very good, but unfortunately it suffers from the small size of its magazine.
Light Machine Guns - Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War: Weapons Guide
If you love to shower your opponents with massive blasts of lead, then the light machine guns they are perfect for you. Weapons belonging to this category are really unwieldy, but they manage to compensate thanks to very high damage and loader capacity. Below you will find a list with all light machine guns in the game:
- Stoner 63 (level 1)
- This LMG doesn't have very high damage, but it does boast a very good rate of fire and accuracy. If you are looking for an automatic weapon that can land a lot of shots from a distance, then the Stoner 63 will certainly not disappoint.
- RPD (level 22)
- This weapon is very similar to the Stoner 63 and mainly differs in slightly higher damage and a slightly lower rate of fire. Recoil is also very similar, but the accuracy of the RPD steadily increases during long bursts.
- M60 (level 46)
- Now let's take a look at another of the most loved weapons by COD players, the M60. Thanks to its large magazine and the very high damage of its bullets, this huge machine gun is able to eliminate any enemy in an instant. The only negative aspects are represented by a very poor handling and a not very high rate of fire.
Sniper Rifles - Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War: Weapons Guide
Now it's time for one of the most anticipated weapon categories in our Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War guide, i sniper rifles. If you prefer to stay away from the chaos of battle and calmly eliminate opponents, these are the perfect weapons for you. Below you will find a list with all sniper rifles in the game:
- Pellington 703 (level 1)
- The Pellington 703 is an exceptional bolt-action shotgun that boasts very high damage. With this weapon you will be able to take out your enemies with a single well-aimed blow to the head or chest.
- LW3 - Tundra (level 25)
- Compared to the Pellington 703 this weapon deals more damage, but unfortunately suffers from lower accuracy. Unlike the other sniper rifles, however, the LW3 - Tundra is the only one capable of killing with a single shot in the shoulder, so it could be a valid option for eliminating players hidden behind small cover.
- M82 (level 55)
- The Barret M82 is a semi-automatic sniper rifle with strong recoil and poor ergonomics. Its very high damage allows you to eliminate enemies instantly by hitting them in the head or chest, but in many cases the Pellington 703 is a better choice due to its greater accuracy.
Shotguns - Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War: Weapons Guide
In case you want to take out your opponents point blank, i shotguns they are the best choice. Weapons belonging to this category inflict monstrous damage, but they are often almost unusable from medium to long range. Below you will find a list with all shotguns in the game:
- Hauer 77 (level 7)
- The Hauer 77 is the most classic example of a shotgun you will find in Cold War. This weapon is capable of destroying opponents from close range, but obviously does nothing against more distant targets.
- Rooster SA12 (level 34)
- The Gallo SA12 is a semi-automatic shotgun that boasts an excellent rate of fire. Compared to the Hauer 77 it deals less damage, but nevertheless is able to eliminate nearby opponents with very few hits and is perfect for handling multiple threats.
Guns - Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War: weapons guide
Of course in our Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War weapons guide we couldn't not include any soldier's best friend: the gun. There is currently not a large variety of guns in this COD, but the ones present are able to adapt to many different situations. Below you will find a list with all guns in the game:
- 1911 (level 1)
- For sure you will all know the 1911, one of the most famous pistols in the world. This weapon offers a good balance of damage, accuracy and rate of fire, and is the perfect secondary for any soldier.
- Magnum (level 31)
- Now let's move on to the Magnum, another of the most popular guns ever. Thanks to this small cannon you will be able to kill your enemies with very few hits, as long as you manage to hit them.
- Diamatti (level 49)
- The Diamatti is a semi-automatic pistol that fires a very fast barrage of bullets. Thanks to its rate of fire, this weapon is the perfect secondary for anyone who likes to use sniper rifles or shotguns.
Rocket Launcher - Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War: Weapons Guide
Finally, we conclude our Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War weapons guide by talking about the rocket launcher. Weapons belonging to this category do not adapt very well to every situation, but in some moments they can prove to be really useful. Below you will find a list with all rocket launchers in the game:
- Cigma 2 (level 1)
- The Cigma 2 is a rocket launcher that can lock onto enemy aircraft and as a result is perfect for taking down streaks of points. It is also possible to use this weapon to freely strike players on the battlefield.
- RPG 7 (level 40)
- RPG 7 is capable of dealing massive damage and is the perfect choice for taking out enemies in cover or vehicles. The only flaw is represented by the inability to lock targets which will prevent you from using this weapon to shoot down enemy aircraft easily.
A complete arsenal
This concludes our Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War weapons guide. Now all you have to do is start the game and choose the equipment that best suits your style of play. Our article is now finished but, in case you want to know more about the game, we suggest you also take a look at the other guides dedicated to Cold War on our site:
- Mission list
- How to use weapons
- Trophy list
Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War è available now for PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5 and Xbox Series X | S.. If you are interested in staying up to date with all the news on the world of video games and much more, then continue to follow us here on Holygamerz.