We often have to share our location with loved ones when we travel to meet them. Several apps allow you to share your location with others, but Messenger makes it super easy.
Here, we will explain how to share your live location and pin any desired location using Facebook Messenger.
How to share your live location on Facebook Messenger
To share your live location via Facebook Messenger, follow these steps:
- Launch the Facebook Messenger app.
- Open the contact you want to share your location with.
- In the lower left corner, click the icon Plus (+).
- Touch the symbol of direction (arrow).
- Tap the button Continue .
- Allow Messenger to use your location.
- Tap the button Start sharing live location .
By following the steps above, you will be able to send your live location to your contact. Your location will update in real time, so the person you shared it with can follow your progress.
Once you have reached your destination or want to stop sharing your live location, click Stop sharing location.
How to share a defined location on Facebook Messenger
Facebook Messenger also allows you to share anywhere else on the map instead of your current location.
Follow these simple instructions to submit a defined position:
- Launch the Facebook Messenger app and open a chat with the person you want to share your location with.
- Then, tap on the icon More (+) in the lower left corner.
- Tap the icon Pin on the map.
Here, you have two ways to lock a specific location. Manually drag the pin to the desired location and press the button Send location or enter a position in the search field and press the Share icon next to it.