Videoconferencing comes to the big screen. The easiest way to mirror a Zoom call to your TV is to use a Chromecast device. You can also broadcast a Zoom meeting from a computer or Android smartphone using Roku (iOS is not supported).
If you have a Mac or an iPhone and an Apple TV, using AirPlay is the best method. This article describes how to cast a Zoom meeting from your computer or smartphone using Chromecast, Roku and AirPlay.
How to broadcast a Zoom meeting on laptop TV
One of the easiest ways to cast a zoom meeting to your TV is to use a Chromecast device. They are inexpensive and the cast function is included in all Google browsers and in the Google Home app on your Android or iOS device.
Whether you're using a Windows 10 laptop or a Mac laptop, as long as you're using the Chrome browser you can enable Zoom screen cast.
1. Start the Zoom meeting as you normally would on your laptop. Wait for everyone to connect and you will be able to view other attendees' video feeds.
2. When you are sure that the meeting is working correctly, open the Chrome Browser in another window. Select the three dots at the top right to open the menu. Select Cast from the menu.
3. Select the Chromecast device you want to mirror the Zoom meeting to. Then, select the Sources drop-down menu and select Cast Desktop.
4. You will see a pop-up window where you can select which desktop monitor you want to cast. Choose the one that is viewing the Zoom meeting and select the Share button.
5. Now, the Zoom meeting with all participant video streams will be played on the TV.
Note that even though you can watch TV to see all meeting attendees, your laptop webcam is always the one that attendees use to see you, so try to keep your laptop in front of you. This will make you look at the attendees and you will look more natural in the meeting.
How to broadcast a Zoom meeting on TV from your phone
The process of mirroring a Zoom meeting on your mobile device, be it an Android or iOS device, requires you to install the Google Home app.
1. Start or connect to the Zoom meeting using the Zoom mobile client as normal.
2. Once connected and confirmed that the meeting is working normally, open the Google Home app. Select the Chromecast device you want to cast the Zoom meeting on.
3. At the bottom of the device screen, select Cast my screen. This activates the screen mirroring function of the Chromecast mobile device.
4. Bring the apps back to the Zoom meeting. You will see that your TV is now displaying the Zoom meeting.
Make sure you set your phone in landscape mode so that the Zoom meeting fills the entire TV screen.
How to broadcast a Zoom meeting to TV with AirPlay from MAC and iOS
You can mirror your device using AirPlay and Apple TV from a macOS laptop or iOS device. Make sure your laptop or iOS device is on the same Wi-Fi network as the Apple TV you plan to broadcast a Zoom meeting on TV on.
1. For AirPlay from your iOS device, open Control Center and tap Screen Mirroring. Then tap Apple TV or another AirPlay compatible display. Your Zoom meeting will now play on that TV.
2. For AirPlay from your Mac, select the AirPlay icon at the top of your Mac's menu bar, then select Apple TV (or another AirPlay compatible display) from the drop-down menu. Your Zoom meeting should now be displayed on the TV.
- How to cast Zoom on Chromecast
- How to use Zoom on iPhone
- What to do when the Zoom microphone doesn't work
- How to record a Zoom meeting
- How to change the name in Zoom on mobile devices, iPads and PCs