Finally opens the art gallery in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, we then discover the works of art of Volpolo and recognize the fakes
Animal Crossing could very well be a series that relies on decorating your own Zen garden (house or island) and unbridled collecting, almost a collectaton. One of the main activities of this game is to collect large amounts of objects and resources to give them to museum of the country. Upon its completion we will generally be given useful prizes, such as the golden shovel if we complete the fossil section or the gold net for that of insects. Now a new section is added that will surely give us many new hours of activity. Let's find out what works of art, fake and original, Volpolo has to sell in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Smarter than Tom Nook
If you've been playing for a while, you've probably wondered what that small beach north of the island was for. It was known by the community as the "secret beach"Because it seemed useful for something, but it was not yet clear what exactly. Now we know for sure and, as already anticipated by leaks and announcements, it is a space dedicated to the Volpolo shop.
A character particularly known for being smarter than Tom Nook, he will in fact sell us his wares at high prices and sometimes non-original pieces. More precisely Volpolo in Animal Crossing: New Horizons sells works of art to be collected in the Blatero art gallery, often giving us fake pieces, but we know how to recognize them.
How to get Volpo to the island - Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Volpolo's artworks and recognize fakes
This crafty character was added with the recent update dedicated to nature day on April 23rd, but if we don't take certain actions, he won't come to visit us. First we must have made at least 60 donations to the museum, including insects, fish and fossils; if you play from the beginning it is most likely a task that you have already completed. You will know that you are well advanced when, speaking with Blatero, you entertain yourself in a conversation regarding the opening of the art gallery to host paintings and sculptures. On the following day, during one of the normal announcements at the start of the day, Fuffi will warn you of the presence of one strange wandering individual on the island.
This character is Volpolo, the shrewd salesman of art and fakes in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. During this day you will find him wandering just like Brunella, so find him and talk to him. He will immediately try to sell you a work of art at the price of 500.000 Stars, if you refuse, he will offer you the much lower price of 5.000 Stelline. At this point, buy the item without fear as it is an insured original, then donate it to Blatero who will inaugurate the brand new art gallery.
Now comes the boat - Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Volpolo's artwork and recognizing the fakes
From the next day Volpolo could come back by chance, just like Celeste, Sciuscià or Florindo, but with one substantial difference. In fact, the fox will arrive with his own boat docking on that little patch of beach a north of the island. When it appears, all you have to do is go and visit it. Entering the boat you will discover that the interior is all used as an art shop.
From Volpolo you can buy various types of works of art: paintings, sculptures, generic furniture and other peculiarities. We are only interested in the first two on the list, but we must pay attention to them. We can only buy one of the four exhibited at a time and some of these may even be fakes, to which Blatero will point this out to us when we try to give them to him. To avoid getting ripped off by buying fakes from Volpolo we need to sharpen our eyes, get a (real) art book or continue reading this guide for Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Fake Paintings - Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Volpolo's artwork and recognizing fakes
The fake works sold by Volpolo always have details significantly different from the originals. First we will deal with the fake paintings and their differences from the originals:
- Lady with an Ermine - Symbolic picture : in the original painting the animal is white, if it is fake it will be gray
- Girl with a turban - realistic frame: in the original it has a spherical pearl earring, in the fake it is in the shape of a star
- Vitruvian Man - Quadro academic: the fake has a coffee stain in the corner
- Beauty Looking Back – Quadro harmonious: in the fake version the lady portrayed may be exaggerated in size, missing a white clip on her hair or looking to the left
- A Sunday afternoon on the island of Grande-Jatte - Restful framework: it is always original
- The summer - Quadro organic: in the fake the artichoke on the chest of the individual portrayed is missing
- La Mona Lisa - Quadro famous: in the false the individual portrayed has eyebrows, which he would not have otherwise.
- Ōtani Oniji III – Scary picture: the original has an angry look, in the fake one it is sad
- Hunters in the snow - Quadro wintry: the second hunter on the left with his pack of dogs is missing
- Spring - Quadro colored: in the false there are no trees on the right
- The Night Watch - Quadro wonderful: the man dressed in black in the center is missing a hat
- The lattaia - Quadro funny: in the original jug only a trickle of milk comes out, in the fake one much more
- The Girls – Quadro solemn: the man in the background and framed by the door in the fake raises his arm more than in the original
- The Blue Boy - Simple picture: in the fake the boy has longer hair and a more abundant fringe
- Dio del tuono da Sōtatsu Fūjin Raijin-zu – Quadro intense (left half): in the original the god is white, in the false it is green
- Dio del vento da Sōtatsu Fūjin Raijin-zu – Intense picture (right half): in the original the god is green, in the false it is white
- Ajisai Sokeizu – Quadro detailed: in the fake the flowers are purple and the signature on the left is missing
The always original ones - Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Volpolo's artwork and recognizing the fakes
Now let's find out what the paintings are always original:
- Freedom leading the people - Quadro precious
- The Bold Valorosa - Quadro dazzling
- The gleaners - Quadro poor
- Ophelia – Quadro aquatic
- The piper - Quadro antico
- Il bar delle Folies-Bergère - Quadro austere
- Isle of the dead - Quadro mysterious
- Starry Night - Quadro sparkling
- Apples and oranges - Quadro perfect
- L'Onda - Quadro marine
- The sower - Quadro mighty
- Girasoli – Quadro flowery
- The dressed-up maja - Quadro classic
True and False Statues - Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Volpolo's artworks and recognizing the fakes
This time it is the turn of all the statuary works sold by Volpolo:
- Terracotta Warrior - Statue warrior: in the false the figure holds a shovel in his hands, in the original nothing
- Capitoline wolf - Statue legendary: the she-wolf has the tongue out in the false
- Venus de Milo - Statue graceful: the fake version wears a necklace, in the original it has nothing around the neck
- The Thinker - Statue thoughtful: it is always original
- The discobolus - Statue athletics: in the fake the figure wears a watch in the raised arm
- David di Michelangelo – Statue majestic: to be original it must not have an object or book under the arm
- Rosetta Stone - Pietra disclosures: is bright blue if false
- Colossal Olmec Head - Head of rock: if fake the face is smiling
- Shakōki-dogū figurine - Statue ancient: does not have to wear headphones to be original
- Houmuwu ding – Statue awesome: if false it is closed by a lid
- Nike di Samostracia - Statute eroica: in the original Nike would have the right leg towards the front, if false it has the left one
- Kamehameha I – Statue triumphant: it is always original
- Bust of Nefertiti - Statue enigmatic: if fake he wears an earring on his left ear that shouldn't be there
Let's go back to the island
With the guide we have provided you now you know how to spot the fakes among Volpolo's artworks in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. In case you have any doubts or want clarifications about this relaxing game created by Nintendo, ask us your questions below in the comments or if you are looking for other guides, we have some really interesting ones: at the Day of nature, with shooting stars and magic wands, making money and Stelline with turnips and how to play in 2.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is available exclusively on Nintendo Switch from March 20, 2020. In the meantime, I invite you to continue following us on Holygamerz to stay updated on the world of video games and technology.