In this guide on Super Mario 64 we will see where to find all the Stars in the Ticked Pendulum, the fourteenth level in the game
Nintendo has recently released Super Mario 3D All-Stars, a collection for Switch of those that are undoubtedly among the most important 3D titles dedicated to the Italian plumber. The collection includes Super Mario 64, obviously released on Nintendo 64, Super Mario Sunshine from the GameCube, and finally Super Mario Galaxy from the Wii. Mario Galaxy 2 is missing, but we already know that will be added later as DLC.
The timeless chapter for Nintendo 64 in particular is considered one of the best XNUMXD platformers ever made, and the Switch version is definitely a great way to get it back in case you've never played it. In this guide we will therefore see where to find all the Stars in the fourteenth level of Super Mario 64: the Ticking Pendulum.
How (and when) to access the Ticking Pendulum
To reach this level you must have arrived at the second floor of the Castle, past the 50-star door. Unlike the other levels of Super Mario 64, to access the Ticking Pendulum we will not go through a painting, but from the clock present in the room.
An important thing to know is that the level will vary slightly depending on the time indicated on the clock when we jump in. The lower the time indicated by the hands, the slower the mechanisms in the area will move, and if we enter when the hands point exactly 12, the mechanisms will stop completely. In this case, however, some Stars will be impossible to reach, so the best thing is to enter when the mechanisms move, but slowly.
First Three Stars - Super Mario 64: Ticked Pendulum
1) Roll into the Cage: During the climb you will find a cage, with the Star inside. To access it you can take advantage of the hole placed in front of a conveyor belt.
2) The Abyss and the Pendulum: Continuing from the cage you will find a triangular rotating platform, beyond which you will find a road with several obstacles and the Star at the end.
3) Give me a hand: Advance in the pendulum until you find a hand, climb it and wait for it to reach a secret area behind the wall, where you will find the Star.
Last Three Stars - Super Mario 64: Ticked Pendulum
4) Jump on the Twomp: Arrive at the top of the pendulum, where you will find another hand that will take you to another secret area. Here you will find a conveyor belt and a Twomp, get on it and you will reach the Star.
5) Synchronized jumps: Going back to the second Star area, you will see some wire mesh and another cage, with the Star inside. You can enter the cage by taking advantage of the movable walls on the wall, which will lead you to an opening on the right side.
6) Still Time, Red Coins: To make this last Star appear you will need to collect eight red coins, which you will find on the moving platforms at the beginning of the level. This Star is certainly easier to take with the mechanics broken.
Where to find the Stars in the other levels
We hope this Super Mario 64 Ticked Pendulum Star locations guide has been helpful to you! Below you can find our guides relating to the other levels of the game:
- Where to find the Stars in the Lava Lake
- Where to find the Stars in the Aquatic Abyss
- Where to find the Stars in the Snowy Land
- Where to find the Stars in the Whomp fortress
- Where to find the Stars in Pirate Bay
- Where to find the Stars on the Rainbow Path
For other guides, news, reviews and specials on the gaming world, go to the dedicated section on our site!