In this new guide dedicated to Super Mario 64 we will show you where to find all the hidden stars in the level "Re Boo's Refuge"
Super Mario 64 is one of the most loved video games of all time and every self-respecting platformer fan should play it at least once in their life. This title was first published way back 1996, but luckily over the years, players have had several opportunities to recover it. The game over time has come to different consoles, such as Wii, Wii U and DS (in the form of a remake), and is now finally available for Nintendo's latest hybrid console thanks to the collection Super Mario 3D All-Stars.
Now that Super Mario 64 is also playable on Switch, many players are finally recovering it. Some people are just intent on enjoying the game calmly, while others do they want to complete it 100% immediately. To help these completist players we decided to write a series of guides dedicated to all levels of the game. Specifically, in this article we will indicate you where to find all the hidden stars in the fifth level of Super Mario 64, that is, King Boo's Refuge.
The secrets of the ghost manor
King Boo's Refuge is a mysterious place where always being attentive will be essential to be able to find all the stars. This haunted manor hides many secrets and some of them can only be revealed if you have the right power up. For this reason, before trying to collect all the stars in King Boo's Refuge, we suggest that you continue with the other levels of Super Mario 64 until you have found the place.hidden switch in Peach's castle that activates the blue blocks.
Hunting for Ghosts - Super Mario 64: The stars of King Boo's Refuge
To get the first of the seven stars hidden in the shelter, you will have to defeat one of the most iconic enemies of Super Mario 64: King Boo. This big specter, however, will not be standing still waiting for you with its hands in hand and before you can face it you will have to track it down. To get the boss out of the closet you have to enter all the rooms of the manor and defeat 5 Boo. After that, King Boo will appear in the center of the lobby and when you have defeated it, you can get your hands on this much sought-after star.
King Boo's Carousel - Super Mario 64: the stars of King Boo's Refuge
Taking this star will not be difficult at all but you will be forced to fight King Boo again, so we suggest you don't make Mario too tired. First you will need to enter the smaller structure next to the main house e take an elevator to the basement. Below you will find a carousel that will make several Boos arrive as you turn and your goal will be survive until you have defeated 5. After you've cleared enough ghosts King Boo will once again come back to challenge you and after you beat him you can finally get the second star.
Secrets of the Possessed Books - Super Mario 64: the stars of King Boo's Refuge
Compared to the previous ones this is a fairly complex star to collect. First you will have to go up to the second floor of the lobby, go to the left side of the room and then enter the door on the right which leads to the library. We suggest that you be very careful in this place, since numerous owned books will start from the shelves that will inflict considerable damage on poor Mario.
Once you enter the library, you'll have to reach the bookcase with three protruding books and hit them in the right order in order to open a secret passage. The correct order is: book al first center, then that a right and finally that of left. Be careful not to make mistakes, otherwise a possessed book will attack you and those you have already hit will reset.
Look for the 8 Red Coins - Super Mario 64: the stars of King Boo's Refuge
As you can already guess from the name, to get this star you will have to collect 8 red coins hidden within the level. Each Super Mario 64 painting has stars that can only be obtained by collecting these coins and the "Refuge of King Boo" is no exception. Below we will list you the position of all 8 of these coins:
- Behind the possessed piano.
- On top of a bookshelf in the room next to where the piano is.
- This coin is always found on a bookshelf in the same room as coin number 2
- To get this coin you will have to go through a door located on the left side of the lobby and then jump on the wall to reach the grate on the ceiling.
- On a platform inside the first door to the right of the lobby
- Hidden under one of the rotating coffins found in a room on the second floor
- Hidden under another rotating coffin still in the same room as the previous coin
- In the back room to the right of the second floor
King Boo's Balcony - Super Mario 64: the stars of King Boo's Refuge
This star is also quite difficult to take, given that to find it you will have to climb on the roof of the shelter. To reach this star you must first enter the door at the bottom right of the first floor. Done that you will have to use the wall jump to reach the door located on an elevated platform in this room. Finally you will have to go through a double door to reach the balcony.
Once you reach the balcony you will have to meet for the umpteenth time with King Boo, which will cause a star to spawn after its defeat. This star is positioned very high, but to reach it you just need to use a triple jump.
Eyes open in the secret room! - Super Mario 64: The stars of King Boo's Refuge
As we mentioned earlier, to get the sixth of the seven stars hidden in King Boo's Refuge you will first have to advance in the game and unlock the invisibility upgrade. Once this is done you will have to go back to the door at the bottom right of the second floor and take the power up from the blue block. Once this is done, follow the same path you did to collect the previous star and enter the painting of Boo. Within this framework you will find a large enemy in the shape of an eye and after you defeat him you can finally get the sweaty sixth star.
Collect 100 Coins - Super Mario 64: The stars of King Boo's Refuge
Again the paragraph title is quite self-explanatory, given that to get this star you will have to collect 100 coins. Overall in "Re Boo's Refuge" there are only 23 coins, so it will be crucial to defeat the enemies to get the missing ones. Moreover, to increase the overall money, we suggest you also collect the red coins. Once you have collected 100 in total, the star will appear in place of the last coin you collected.
A nightmare level
Thanks to this guide, you should now have no problem collecting all the hidden stars in the Super Mario 64 "King Boo's Refuge" level. If you are interested in finding out how to get the stars present in the other levels, we leave you below. a list with all the guides on the game currently on our site:
- Super Mario 64: where to find all the stars of the Bob-omb Battlefield
- Super Mario 64: where to find all the stars of the Labyrinth Cave
- Super Mario 64: where to find all the stars of Bagna Asciuga
- Super Mario 64: where to find all the stars in the Rainbow Walk
- Super Mario 64: where to find all the stars in the Whomp fortress
- Super Mario 64: where to find all the stars in the Pirate Bay
- Super Mario 64: where to find all the stars in the Ticked Pendulum
- Super Mario 64: where to find all the stars in the Water Abyss
- Super Mario 64: where to find all the stars of Snowy Earth
- Super Mario 64: where to find all the stars in the Lava Lake
Super Mario 3D All-Stars is available now for Nintendo Switch. If you are interested in staying up to date with all the news on the world of video games and much more, then continue to follow us here on Holygamerz.
- how to make heart with the phone keypad
- fall guys how to play with 2 or more players
- how to disconnect spotify from alexa
- dazn error let s see how to solve it together
- cyberpunk 2077 guide to the endings secret ending all the choices to be made
- download microsoft office 2022 for free
- cuphead the complete guide
- create gmail account without phone number 5 methods
- How to change Country on Google Play Store: 5 Solutions (2022)