TikTok (Musical.ly): how it works and tips and tricks. In addition to lip sync videos, you can create musicals, dance, act and other types of short videos. It is an addicting app with some cool features.
It is available for both and.
TikTok (Musical.ly): how it works and tips and tricks
Upload videos directly from the gallery
It is difficult to record or create a video instantly. At times like these, you can upload videos from your gallery.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Launch the app TikTok. Then hit the Add button at the bottom.
- On the camera screen, tap the Upload button. Here select the video you want to upload and press Next.
- In case you want to upload and merge multiple videos, tap the Select More option in the lower left corner. Then select all the videos you want.
- Change the length of individual clips in this step. You can also change the speed of the video. Press forward once done.
- You can apply various effects to your video. Finally, tap on the Next button.
Create video with photos
Instead of downloading a separate app to create video from images, you can create TikTok to create slideshows.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the TikTok app and tap the Add icon at the bottom. Then tap the upload icon.
- On the loading screen, touch the Image tab and select the images you want to use to create a slideshow. Finally, hit Slideshow in the top right corner.
- Now you can add effects, change the sound and transitions to this slideshow. When done, click Next.
Download the videos of others
TikTok is an amazing platform for discovering videos. Sometimes you would like to share them or download them to your phone. Thankfully, you can do both easily.
Here are the steps to download the video you like.
- Go to the video you want to download.
- Tap the Share icon on the right side. Now if you want to share the video with an app, select it from the top carousel. To download it to your phone, tap the Save Video button.
Sometimes you won't find the Save button under the Share option. This happens when a person has disabled the video download option. And if you want to prevent others from downloading your videos, TikTok offers more privacy options.
To change and view your privacy settings, do the following:
- Tap the Profile icon on the bottom tab. Then hit the three-dot icon in the top right corner.
- Select Privacy and security. On the next screen, tap Who can download my video. Here you will find three options: Everyone, Friends and Off. If you have a private profile, this setting will be disabled by default and no one will be able to download the video.
- Here you can change other privacy settings to allow selected people or everyone to send you messages or comments on your videos.
Make your TikTok profile private
You need to set your profile to Private if you only want your followers to watch your musicals.
To switch to the private profile, tap the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the profile page. Then, in Privacy and security, turn on the option for the private account.
Delete a video from your profile
In case you don't like the posted video, you can always delete it and upload a new one. Here are the steps to delete a video.
- Open the video you want to delete and press the three-dot icon on the right side.
- Scroll to the bottom carousel and select Delete.
CREA VIDEO PERFECT LIP SYNC
One of the main features of TikTok is to create lip sync videos. It is not an easy task to accurately synchronize your recording with a song. However, there are ways that you can edit videos correctly.
- Once you've selected a song, tap the scissor icon on the right side to select the part of the song you want to include in your video.
- Similarly, once the video is recorded, press the Scissor icon again to define when the song should start.
Directly use a song that used another in his video
Very often we like a song from someone else's lip sync video and want to use it to create our own version. Instead of searching for the song, you can start recording directly.
To do this, tap the circle with the album cover in the lower right corner. Then tap on the registration option.
Create a video with another friend
Suppose you and your friend are in different countries and want to create a duet video. You don't have to go through the hassle of recording videos individually and then spending hours trying to sync them both. You can use the Duet feature of the app.
To do this, open the video from which you want to create a duet. Then tap the Share icon and select Duet. Now create a video as you normally would.
Record videos without holding the button
It is not always convenient to hold the record button to shoot a video. To avoid this, you can use the timer function. Once enabled, the video will start recording automatically after a few seconds.
To do this, on the video capture screen, tap the timer icon and then press the Start Countdown button.
Try the tips and tricks above to create amazing videos. I bet they will make your TikTok creations more enjoyable.