Find out with this guide of ours where to find all Abby's coins in The Last of Us 2, to definitively complete your collection
Our review is in preparation, don't worry it will be online shortly. The fact is that The Last of Us 2 has been talked about (perhaps too much) and often in the least appropriate way. From the crunch accusations addressed to Naughty Dog to the review bombing on Metacritic, passing through an incredible and massive leak of information and videos of the game. You know very well, however, that a video game, like any other entertainment work, must be enjoyed in its entirety in order to define its quality. For this reason we have not yet bothered to tell you ours, because we wanted to do it in the most "institutional" way possible, with a vast and in-depth review at the right point. As said at the beginning, it is coming, do not worry. In the meantime, let's continue with our list of guides to make Ellie's journey a little easier.
Beautiful dirty rich!
Before starting our guide on where to find all Abby's coins in The Last of Us 2, we remind you that here on Holygamerz you can find many other guides on the title. We've already told you about where to find Ellie's cards, so that you can complete both of your collections. We've also covered where to find all the artifacts in the game, where to find all the weapons, where to find all of Ellie's workbenches and journal entries, as well as all combinations of the various safes. That said, let's start with an introductory part, before we jump into the fray of the pennies.
32 coins, 2 trophies - The Last of Us 2: where to find all of Abby's coins
If you don't find any coins in the first few hours of the game, don't worry. Initially, scattered throughout the various maps, you will find exclusively cards. Starting around the second half of the game, these will leave plenty of room for Abby's coins. In total there are 32 coins and finding them all will allow you to unlock two trophies in particular.
The first is "Old Mint", a bronze trophy that you will get once you have collected five coins. The second is "Mania for numismatics", a gold trophy that will be awarded to you once the collection is complete. That said, let's start with the list. You will find the first coin during chapter 23.
Chapter 23-24 - The Last of Us 2: where to find all Abby's coins
Below is Abby's list of coins that you can find in chapters 23 and 24:
- (Chapter 23) Virginia: you will get it by continuing with the story, you cannot miss it;
- (Chapter 24) Akaska: after recovering the backpack, before going down the stairs to continue, go left;
- (Chapter 24) Maine: follow your companions, you will find the coin where they are doing the laundry;
- (Chapter 24) New Jersey: under the wolf painting;
- (Chapter 24) Vermont: after obtaining the weapons, in the garage you will find a locker with the coin inside;
- (Chapter 24) Kuntucky: at the beginning of the chapter, on the right, on a table;
- (Chapter 24) Massachusetts: in the Garden Center, at the farthest cash register on the left;
- (Chapter 24) Ohio: continuing with the game you will find a boat. Take the ladder and place it exactly in front of where you pick it up, you will find the coin on the table opposite;
- (Chapter 24) Indiana: On Manny's left you'll find a rusty trailer. Break the glass and collect the coin.
Chapters 26-31 - The Last of Us 2: where to find all of Abby's coins
Below is Abby's list of coins that you can find from chapter 26 to chapter 31:
- (Chapter 26) California: go up the stairs on the right, behind the four armed men you will find the coin;
- (Chapter 26) New Mexico: go through the gate. You will find armed men in a circle in a white tent, you will find the coin in a green basket;
- (Chapter 26) South Carolina: immediately after the cutscene, you will find the coin on a table where two people are seated;
- (Chapter 28) North Dakota: you will find this coin inside an apartment building. To get inside, you'll need to get into a green car and then a white truck. You will find the coin in the drawer of the first room;
- (Chapter 31) Alabama: once you have left the infected containment area, on the right you will find a corpse and, a little further away, the coin;
- (Chapter 31) West Virginia: on the lower level of the cruise ship, along the corridor you will find luggage with a teddy bear and the coin;
- (Chapter 31) Utah: after opening the safe, go to the other side of the ship and go through the door. Go up the ladder and turn around, you will find the coin.
Chapters 33-35 - The Last of Us 2: where to find all of Abby's coins
Below is Abby's list of coins that you can find from chapter 33 to chapter 35:
- (Chapter 33) Nevada: inside Franklin's Barber, the barber inside the flooded area, you will find the coin at the cash register;
- (Chapter 33) Colorado: Exit the phone shop and enter the building across the water. Turn right and you will see a window that you can cross to reach a balcony, on which you will find the coin;
- (Chapter 34) Illinois: dive into the pool at the beginning of the chapter to get the coin;
- (Chapter 34) Oregon: walk on the metal beam and fall downstairs, turn around to find a crevice. Enter the room beyond the crack and you will find the coin;
- (Chapter 34) Wisconsin: open the elevator shaft, break a vending machine to drop the coin;
- (Chapter 34) Road Island: immediately after the last coin, take off the mask. Go outside and enter the nearby bar, you will find the coin in the cash register;
- (Chapter 34) Missouri: enter the hospital, turn right and cross the area with tall grass. The coin is at the end of the first corridor;
- (Chapter 35) Washington: at the first flight of stairs, on the left;
- (Chapter 35) Hawaii: In the flooded garage, turn left to find a glass to break and get the coin.
And the final coins… - The Last of Us 2: where to find all of Abby's coins
Below is the list of Abby's coins that you can find in the final parts of the game, from chapter 37 to chapter 39:
- (Chapter 37) Kansas: At the beginning of the chapter, go up the stairs behind you. You will find the coin on the ground;
- (Chapter 37) Louisiana: go down the broken stairs, you will find Lenora St. Station. Turn around to find the coin;
- (Chapter 38) Idaho: go up the first ladder and check the back of the truck on your left, you will find the coin there;
- (Chapter 38) North Carolina: in the car near the waterfall on the left, look for and you will find the coin;
- (Chapter 39) Arkansas: after you drop into the first building, exit and turn right, then look behind the cart. Here you will find the last of the coins from The Last of Us 2.
Here ends our guide on where to find all of Abby's coins in The Last of Us 2. Are you playing the new chapter in the Naughty Dog series? What do you think about it? Write it to us below in the comments, we will continue to keep you updated with all the news (and guides) on videogame and tech!