There is a lot you can do with Siri on Apple's streaming devices. Likewise, there are many things you can't do if Siri isn't working on your Apple TV. The article will show what to do when Siri fails to recognize or respond to voice commands on Apple TV.
First of all, make sure you activate Siri correctly. Press and hold the Siri button (with a microphone icon) on the Apple TV remote (or Siri remote), ask Siri to perform an action, and release the Siri button. Pressing the Siri button once or intermittently will not activate Siri.
How to update apps on Apple TV
Siri not working on Apple TV? 9 solutions
Try the troubleshooting steps below if Siri isn't working and doesn't respond to voice commands when you hold down the Siri button.
1. Enable Siri
First things first: make sure Siri is enabled on your device. Virtual Assistant is not enabled by default on Apple TV. You must manually activate Siri when setting up your Apple TV or from the tvOS settings menu.
- Open the app Settings and select Generali .
- Tax Crab su On .
Turn off Siri and turn it back on if the virtual assistant doesn't work despite being turned on. If Siri is disabled, it's because your Apple ID or iTunes account is set to an unsupported country. Then, move on to method No. 5 to learn how to reset Siri on your Apple TV.
2. Change the Apple TV language and region
Siri may not respond to voice commands if your spoken language does not match the language in Siri settings. Go to tvOS settings and configure Siri to recognize the language you speak.
- Open the app Settings Apple TV on select General .
- Scroll to the "Siri" section and select Language .
- Scroll through the list and select your preferred Apple TV language. This will also double as Siri's language.
You will find several variations of English on the page. Select the variant you speak fluently or the one commonly spoken in your region.
3. Enable dictation
Siri Dictation allows you to dictate texts in search boxes and text entry fields using your voice. It is much faster than entering text using the on-screen keyboard. If Siri dictation doesn't work when you press and hold the microphone button on the Apple TV Remote, turn on system-wide dictation in the keyboard settings.
- Open the app Settings and select Generali .
- Scroll down to the “Keyboard and Dictation” section and set up Dictation su On .
4. Charge your remote
The Siri remote may not work properly if the battery is low or dead. Check the remote control's battery level and make sure it contains at least 50% charge.
Go up Settings > Remote controls and devices > Remote control and check the line Battery level .
Charge your Apple TV Siri Remote for at least 30 minutes using an Apple-certified Lightning cable and power adapter. One more thing: make sure there is no interference between your Apple TV and Siri Remote. Remove objects, electronics, and appliances that block Apple TV and Siri Remote.
5. Change the country of your Apple ID
Siri on Apple TV is not supported in all countries and regions. Currently, the virtual assistant is only available on Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K linked to an Apple ID or iTunes account in the following countries:
Austria, Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Korea, India, Ireland, Spain, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, the United Kingdom and the United States.
You cannot activate or use Siri on Apple TV if your account region is set outside of these countries.
Final report: you must cancel all active Apple subscriptions before you can transfer your Apple ID to another country.
Change Apple ID country on iPhone / iPad if Siri doesn't work on Apple TV
Open the Settings app and follow these steps:
- Select the name of yours Apple ID .
- Select Media and purchases and select View account .
- Select Country / Region and follow the instructions on the next page to change the country of your Apple ID.
Change Apple ID country on PC or web
Visit the Apple ID page on your browser, log into your account and follow the steps below:
- Go to section Personal information in the sidebar and select Country / Region .
- Select Change country / region .
- On the "Payment method" page, select the menu has downhill Country / Region and select the country you want to use in Siri and other Apple services.
- Enter your payment information, shipping address, billing address and select Update at the bottom of the page to proceed.
Change Apple ID country on Mac
If you have a Mac laptop and desktop, you can change your Apple ID country from the App Store.
- Open the App Store and select the name of Your account in the lower left corner.
- Select View information .
- Enter your Apple ID credentials in the boxes provided and select Log in .
- Scroll to the "Country / Region" row and select Change country or region .
6. Restart your Apple TV
The problem with Siri not working could be due to a temporary system malfunction. Restarting your Apple TV will update the operating system and hopefully make Siri work again. It is also recommended to restart the device after changing the Apple ID country.
Go up Settings > System and select Restart .
Note: If you have the first generation Siri remote, press and hold the buttons at the same time Menu e TV until the Apple TV status light blinks rapidly. If you have the second generation Siri remote, press and hold the buttons Go back e TV . Release both buttons when the status light on Apple TV starts blinking rapidly.
Better yet, unplug the Apple TV from the power source, wait 6-10 seconds, and plug it back in.
7. Update your Apple TV
Installing the latest tvOS updates on your Apple TV will add new features and fix performance issues. TvOS 15, for example, has added new languages for Siri in Hong Kong, Spain, India and Taiwan. Similarly, support for Siri (in the Apple TV and Apple TV apps) in South Korea was implemented with tvOS 15.1.1.
Go up Settings > System > Software update and select Update software to install any available updates for your Apple TV. This may just be the solution to the lack of response or the unavailability of Siri on your Apple TV.
8. Reset Apple TV
Consider this troubleshooting step as a last resort if Siri still doesn't work after restarting and updating your Apple TV. If your Apple TV is connected to the Internet, it is best to update its software during the factory data reset process.
Go up Settings > System > Restore and select Restore on the confirmation page.
9. Purchase a replacement remote control
The problem here could be a faulty remote. While the Apple TV Siri Remote is sturdy, dropping it too often or submerging it in liquid will damage it. Also, Siri will not work if (one of) the two microphones in the Siri remote is faulty.
Your Siri remote is likely damaged if some (or all) of the buttons occasionally fail or don't work at all. You can buy a new Siri remote on the official Apple store.
Contact Apple Support if Siri still doesn't work on Apple TV
Before purchasing a new Siri Remote, contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Authorized Service Center to have your Apple TV and Siri Remote examined for hardware damage or manufacturing defects.
- How to disable and delete Siri history on iPhone and iPad
- How to disable Siri on your iPhone and iPad
- How to disable Siri on Mac and iOS
- How to delete Siri history from iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV
- Broken iPhone Home Button, How To