Comments are a fundamental part of Facebook, for better or for worse. Here's how you can restrict or disable comments on your Facebook posts.
Almost everyone loves people who leave comments on their Facebook posts. However, the comments section could be hijacked by trolls, with abusive comments, or by spammers, filling the section with unsolicited ads. Either way, you'll want to regain control of your post.
Let's find out how to disable and manage the comments section of your Facebook post when necessary.
Things to know about disabling comments on Facebook
Facebook limits the control you have over your personal posts. For this reason, you cannot completely disable comments on your Facebook posts. But you can limit who can comment on your posts.
However, in a Facebook group where you are an admin, Facebook allows you to completely disable comments on a post.
How to manage comments on your personal Facebook posts
You can choose whether to use the Facebook mobile app on your phone or its web version on a PC to manage comments on your profile posts. This guide will show you how to use both versions.
How to manage comments on the Facebook app
Here's how to manage comments on your posts using the Facebook mobile app:
- Identify the Facebook post you want to disable comments on.
- Touch the three points in the upper right corner of the post.
- From the menu, select Who can comment on your post .
- On the next page, select one of the three options on the page. Predictably, the default option should be Public . So, you can choose Friends o Profiles and Pages you mention as applicable. Touch end to confirm your decision.
How to manage comments using Facebook Web
In the web version of Facebook, the process is a little more complicated. Here's how to manage comments for personal Facebook posts from your computer.
- Log in to from your browser.
- Click the inverted triangle .
- click on Settings and privacy> Settings> Privacy .
- Select Public posts in the side menu.
- Click Comments on the public post or in the area next to it and select your preferred audience to comment, from Public, Friends of Friends or Friends.
And that's all you need to manage comments on your Facebook post.
How to disable comments on posts in a Facebook group or page
Unlike personal posts, Facebook allows group admins to completely disable the comment section of a post in a Facebook group. To do this, follow these steps:
- Identify the post for which you want to opt out of their comment.
- Click the three points in the upper right corner of the post.
- Select Disable comments .
Using the web version, the steps are the same. Just make sure you look for the three dots in the top right corner of the post.
And this is all. Facebook immediately disables the comments section of the post. However, the old comments remain under the post.