Are you in trouble? We help you choose the best weapons to use with our Final Fantasy VII Remake guide!
One of the most beloved chapters of all time is back with a new revisited version. Square Enix donated an action look to the chapter starring Cloud, ma the JRPG component is not missing also in this remake. In fact they are present equipment of all kinds to be used by our characters. Among these we obviously find the weapons and in our guide we will go to dissect them all, to help you understand which are the best to use Final Fantasy VII Remake.
Experience is all that matters
All’interno di Final Fantasy VII Remake there are 24 weapons and, as you will see in our guide to the best, each has a physical and magical attack value. In addition, there is also an exclusive ability of each weapon that makes them all different. It is essential to acquire the highest level of mastery, since in this way you will be able to use the exclusive ability also equipping the other weapons. We strongly advise you not to neglect this aspect, so as to add one to the repertoire of each character large array of skills useful at any time.
The beauty of Final Fantasy VII Remake's weapons is that none is distinctly weaker than another. In fact, all weapons have good statistics depending on the use you want to make of them. It is the skills that make the difference. By doing so, the player is led to use them all to gain experience.
In fact, no weapon in the game can be lost Optional weapons can also be found at the end of the main story thanks to the possibility to select the chapter. In this guide we will list all the weapons in the game and how to recover them. Don't get caught unprepared then e start the hunt for the best equipment to become stronger and stronger.
Cloud Strife - Final Fantasy VII Remake Best Weapons Guide
Let's start with our protagonist. Cloud is able to use big broadswords capable of doing great damage in close combat. He has two stances: one light and one heavy. The light one allows you to deliver quick and quick hits, while the heavy one allows you to make parries if you are hit during the parry. Cloud is a pretty balanced character on both the physical and magical sides. It's up to you to decide which style you prefer the most.
In the course of the game you will find:
- Potens sword (FIS: 22 - MAG: 22): the character's starting weapon. His special ability is Exhausting Injury.
- Steel blade (FIS: 23 - MAY: 31): Will be given to you as a gift from the gun shop during Chapter 3, cannot be lost. His special ability is Quick Chain.
- Nailed club (FIS: 30 - MAY: 30): obtainable in Chapter 8 by completing the mission "Little Scout". The mission is located inside the Central District in Sector 5. In case it gets lost don't worry, it will be available for purchase in the gun shops later in the storyline. His special ability is countermand.
- Dissecting (FIS: 57- MAY: 19): Purchase in Chapter 9 at the Corneo Palace Arms Shop. His special ability is Infinite ending.
- Mithrill's blade (FIS: 24- MAY: 72): Available for purchase in Chapter 14 at the Sector 6 Weapon Shop. His special ability is Explosive sword.
- Twin (FIS: 46 - MAG: 46): Obtainable in Chapter 13 in the Shinra Palace. Reunite with Barrett in level 3, then defeat 3 hordes of enemies within a room. There is a flight of stairs which must be overcome. Pay attention to the purple chest to his left, there you will find the Twin. His special ability is Reaction.
Barrett Wallace - Final Fantasy VII Remake Best Weapons Guide
It's time to Barrett, the grumpy founder of the eco-terrorist group AVALANCHE. As you can easily guess from the huge machine gun installed in his right arm, Barrett is specialized in ranged attacks. He is able to use very powerful blows which quickly overload his weapon. Barrett is also quite balanced in both magical and physical attack. Choose your weapon based on your preferred approach.
Barrett's weapons in Final Fantasy VII Remake are:
- Atomic machine gun (FIS: 19 - MAG: 19): the character's starting weapon. His special ability is Exhausting Explosion.
- Assault rifle (FIS: 22 - MAG: 33): Obtainable automatically in Chapter 6 by completing the main mission. His special ability is Team spirit.
- Barrier (FIS: 45 - MAY: 30): Available for purchase in Chapter 6 at the Sector 6 Weapon Shop in Emerald Park. His special ability is Baleful Wrath.
- Atomic pincer (FIS: 53 - MAG: 39): Available for purchase in Chapter 14 in the Moogle Shop. It is a one-of-a-kind weapon, capable of making Barrett a close range fighter. His special ability is Energy Riser.
- Pointed Sphere (FIS: 65 - MAG: 17): obtainable in Chapter 14 by completing the mission "Underground Threat". His special ability is Impact.
- Explosive beat (FIS: 34- MAY: 65): Obtainable in Chapter 16 in the Shinra Palace. Talk to Domino inside the palace. Then pay Hart 10.000 Guil and you will receive the weapon. His special ability is Zero Distance.
Aerith Gainsborough - Guide to the best weapons in Final Fantasy VII Remake
We continue our guide to the best weapons of Final Fantasy VII Remake with aerith. The flower girl uses rods to fight through the use of spells. Its special Tempest attack allows us to throw a crystal that explodes damaging enemies in the area. We are faced with a character strongly based on the use of magic.
Aerith's weapons are:
- This Savior (FIS: 29 - MAG: 43): the character's starting weapon. His special ability is Benedict Circle.
- Silver auction (FIS: 27 - MAY: 50): Available for purchase in Chapter 8 at the Moogle Shop in Sector 5. His special ability is Strength of innocence.
- That's magic (FIS: 24 - MAG: 36): obtainable in Chapter 9 by completing the mission "Sharp Revenge". His special ability is Magic barrage.
- Asta di Mithril (FIS: 24 - MAG: 92): obtainable in Chapter 11 inside the train. After passing through the wagon (before the 2 Cripshays) you will have to go up the ladder on the left to continue the story. To get to the weapon instead you will have to go right, pass another wagon and you will find the purple chest with the weapon. His special ability is Radiant verdict.
- Sharp shaft (FIS: 39 - MAG: 34): Obtainable in Chapter 11 against Eligor. In fact, the only way to get it is to steal it from the boss with the Steal ability. His special ability is Shine shield.
- Reinforced shaft (FIS: 50 - MAG: 82): Obtainable in Chapter 17 in the Hojo Laboratory. In the opening room of the chapter, inside area 65F, you will find a purple chest containing the desired weapon. His special ability is ATB rescue.
Tifa Lockhart - Final Fantasy VII Remake Best Weapons Guide
We have arrived at the last character of our guide to the best weapons of Final Fantasy VII Remake. Tifa he just uses his fists to fight, thus dominating in close combat. He is capable of unleashing powerful uppercuts and a variety of hand-held combos that can severely damage enemies. This character is particularly specialized in physical attacks, although it is also possible to enhance its magical side.
Tifa's weapons are:
- Leather gloves (FIS: 27 - MAG: 22): the character's starting weapon. His special ability is Heeled.
- Metal knuckles (FIS: 54 - MAG: 12): obtainable automatically in Chapter 5 by continuing with the plot. His special ability is Imposition.
- Sonic gloves (FIS: 32 - MAG: 21): obtainable in Chapter 7 in Reactor 5. Go to level B5, there you will find a purple chest containing the weapon. His special ability is Upside down.
- Feathered gloves (FIS: 50 - MAG: 33): Obtainable in Chapter 10 in the sewers. After draining the water, a purple chest can be found in the lock, which is now passable. His special ability is Turbopugno.
- Claws of Mithril (FIS: 28 - MAG: 55): Automatically obtained by defeating the Chapter 13 boss. His special ability is Fighting spirit.
- Upper Gloves (FIS: 51 - MAG: 41): Obtainable in Chapter 16 in the Shinra Palace. When you play as Tifa you will be able to climb into a car, there are also bars to climb on. This way you can reach the chest with the weapon. His special ability is Direct punch.
Once you have all the weapons finally unlock the dedicated trophy, useful for obtaining platinum. The guide to the best weapons of Final Fantasy VII Remake ends here, we hope it has been useful for you. Are you still playing the spectacular Square Enix remake or have you already finished it and are you completing everything 100%?
Let us know your opinion on the game and keep following us on the pages of Holygamerz for other guides on Final Fantasy VII Remake and much more from the world of video games.