WhatsApp has launched a new feature that prevents people from adding you to group chats without your permission.
Yes, in fact, before this function everyone could add you to a group even without your authorization. Now, on the other hand, Whatsapp has also entered Groups in the privacy settings.
You can choose whether to continue that "everyone" can insert you in a Whatsapp group, "My contacts" limits it to the users you have in your Whastapp address book or "My contacts except .." where you can be added by your contacts except some.
Prevent people from adding you to Whatsapp groups
Who can add me to groups: how to set the function on Whatsapp
From now on, you can choose one of the three options, mentioned above, regarding the privacy settings for groups and prevent Whatsapp from being added to groups if you want.
- Open Whatsapp on your smartphone.
- Tap on the three dots at the top right to access the menu on whatsapp.
- Go up Settings.
- Select Account and then Privacy.
- Here you will see the entry Groups which by default has written all below select it to change setting.
- You will see three options, choose from the one you want: "all"Can put you in a Whatsapp group,"My contacts"Limits it to users you have in your Whastapp address book or"My contacts except ..”Where you can get your contacts to add you except some.
NB. To ensure that no one can add you to any group without your permission you will need to do the following. Once in the group settings select the item "My contacts except ...", here you will see the list of all your contacts on Whatsapp. Now select the icon at the top right to select them all and then press the green tick at the bottom to confirm. Done from now on, no one will be able to add you to a group unless you decide.