The WiFi connection is an integral part of your Amazon Alexa device. You can connect your Alexa device to WiFi via the Alexa app or the Amazon Alexa website. You can also use the Alexa App to change your WiFi source. If you need to connect Alexa to WiFi from the website, you need to use Firefox, Safari or Edge.
An Amazon Alexa smart speaker can be a useful addition to your smart home. But for it to work with your devices, you'll need to establish a Wi-Fi connection. Here's how to connect Alexa to WiFi, regardless of whether you're using the Alexa app or the Alexa website.
The best Echo devices for your home
How to connect Alexa to WiFi via app
If you are setting up a new device, such as the Amazon Echo, you can use the Alexa app to connect it to WiFi.
- Apri l’app Alexa sul tuo iPhone, iPad o Android.
- Log into your account if necessary.
- Select devices in the bottom toolbar.
- Toccata Eco e Alexa.
- Select the device you want to connect to.
- Next to Wi network - Fi , select Modification , then choose your network and enter the Wi-Fi password.
How to connect Alexa to WiFi without the app
To set up a new device using a browser, you need to use Firefox, Safari, or Edge. Google Chrome won't work for device setup.
- Go to alexa.amazon.com and log into your account.
- Select Settings in the left sidebar.
- In devices select Set up a new device .
- Choose the device you want to connect.
- Turn on the device if necessary. The ring light should be orange.
- Choose a WiFi network marked as Amazon-XXX .
- Press on Continuation no browser.
- Choose the network you want to connect to and enter the password.
How to change WiFi on Alexa?
- Open your Alexa app on your iPhone, iPad or Android.
- Toccata devices in the bottom toolbar.
- Select your device.
- Touch the WIFI network, then tap Change.
- A screen will ask if the device is connected and display an orange light. If you don't see an orange light, press and hold the button Action on the device until the orange light turns on. The button is the one with a dot above it.
- Once the device is in pairing mode, as indicated by the orange light, your app should now show a list of WiFi networks. Tap the one you want to use. You will need to authenticate it by typing the network password.
- How to connect Alexa to lights and turn them on and off with a single command
- How to fix when Alexa won't connect to Wi-Fi
- How to disconnect Spotify from Alexa
- How to change the name of alexa
- How to control the Nest thermostat via Alexa