You know that it is possible to continue listening to youtube videos even by locking the screen of your smartphone. All you have to do is perform this little trick.
This can be useful if you listen to a music video or playlist on Youtube and want to continue using your smartphone or lock your smartphone to put it in your pocket, without necessarily keeping the Youtube app open.
Listen to Youtube videos by locking your smartphone
First you will need to have the Chrome browser installed on your Android smartphone or tablet, which you can download from.
- Open the Chrome browser on your Android device.
- Go to the three dots at the top right and check the item Desktop site.
- Now go to the site of Youtube.com.
- You will see the desktop version of the famous video site appear, select the video to play and wait for it to start.
- Once started, now press the home button of your smartphone or tablet to return to the main screen of the device.
- The video sound will be cut off, but you should notice the speaker symbol in the notification bar at the top. Then pull down the notification menu and you will see the controls with the title of the video. Then press Play and the sound of the video will be played.
- Now you can continue using your smartphone or lock it and put it in your pocket and the sound will continue.
This function is very convenient if you want to listen to more songs from Youtube, such as a Playlist, and conveniently put your smartphone in your pocket without having to keep the screen active or open the Youtube app. Obviously, if you want to listen to your own playlist, you will need to log in with your Google account on Chrome.