You can send messages to anyone on WhatsApp if their number is saved in your address book. But there are also ways to send WhatsApp messages to numbers not saved in the address book. In this article we will show you some ways to send messages to numbers not saved in your smartphone contacts on Whatsapp.
How to send WhatsApp messages to numbers not saved in the address book
By typing a URL on your smartphone browser
If you know your contact's WhatsApp number, you can quickly type a URL into any browser. This method works on both Android and iPhone.
- Open your browser on your smartphone.
- Type the following URL in the provided bar: https://wa.me/ just PHONE NUMBER].
- Replace PHONE NUMBER with your contact's MOBILE number along with the country code. For example, if the number is +39123456789, the URL will be https://wa.me/123456789. You don't have to put the + symbol in the link.
- Press Enter and you will see a pop-up asking if you want to open WhatsApp. Tap Open.
- This will start your chat.
Through WhatsApp groups
You must be in a WhatsApp group with the person you want to send the message to.
If the person sent a message in the group, follow these steps to send them a message:
- Touch and hold the message sent by the person you want to send a message to.
- Click More….
- Now select Reply privately.
- A new chat with this person will start and you will see their phone number, instead of their name, at the top of the chat.
If the aforementioned person has not sent a message in the group:
- Open the WhatsApp group and select the group name at the top.
- Scroll down to the list of group members.
- Find the number of the person you want to send the message to.
- Choose the number and press Info.
- Now you can press the message icon at the top to start a private chat with this person.
How to send WhatsApp messages to numbers not saved in the address book on iPhone
If you have an iPhone, there is a trick that allows you to send WhatsApp messages without storing them in the address book. Here's what you need to do:
- Go to your iPhone's Settings
- Scroll down and select Privacy.
- Here select Contacts.
- Scroll down until you find WhatsApp.
- Disable the switch next to it.
- Now open WhatsApp and hit the new chat button on the top right.
- WhatsApp will show you a message asking you to type in your contact's phone number.
- Enter the phone number and select Done.
- Done now you have sent a message to that number.
NB: Remember to restore WhatsApp access to contacts after sending the message. You can do this by going to Settings> Privacy> Contacts and enabling the switch next to WhatsApp. Otherwise you will no longer see the names of your contacts in the other chats whose number you have in your address book.